And Meganoticias’ press team was attacked by unknown assailants while they reported on the peaceful pilgrimage to the general cemetery.
Although the journalist Danilo Villegas, I managed to contact the channel and report what happened The cameraman has not yet been contacted and it is believed his camera was stolen.
Both experts developed a report on it Events from the center of Santiago A Recoleta from the morning of this Sunday, September 10th.
The story of the journalist
Danilo Villegas, journalist from Meganoticias, reported by telephone: “I’m fine, it was the horror, let’s say, a few blows to the head but our cameraman, as far as I know, couldn’t see him, they took away his equipment and his camera.”
“Luckily I received help“ To be on the safe side, we also know that the family sees us at this moment. I am doing very well and I am grateful for the protection she has given us,” he added.
Then the communicator explained, “This all happened when…” There were incidents against water cannon cars of the Carabineros who are in the streets where the pilgrimage took place”.
“There a group of masked men start throwing violent elements at the police cars and then it comes.” There is a confrontation that goes so far that they use the papal fences to cut off people’s traffic,” he added.
“In this context, several masked people came and one began to ask me which channel we were from, which we were not broadcasting, We immediately took out the microphone and told them, “Now we’re leaving,” but they followed us“, he continued counting.
“I tried to leave and that’s when I got two punches to the head, but when I look back beyond that I see my cameraman is with two people trying to take his equipment and I understand that they took her away.” . I was unable to contact him and Freddy Balcázar” said Danilo.