Both MetCon and CrossFit training are high-intensity workouts, whose concepts can be confusing. The two can complement each other, as MetCon will help you exercise and facilitate the process of CrossFit.
Before betting on one or the other, or even both, it is essential to seek the advice of a professional trainer to assess your physical condition and your goals, advising which exercises are appropriate for you. .
With that, we’re going to update you. What is Metcon?, so that you can differentiate it from Crossfit. As we have already indicated, the two can be perfect complements of each other, although before doing so, it is convenient to be clear about their differences.
What is Metcon Training?
The original meaning of the word Metcon is metabolic conditioning, The purpose of this type of training is to expend as much energy as possible to achieve a good metabolic system. In this way, the focus is on the exercises to be performed. waste of energy And not in flexibility or resistance, as is the case with CrossFit.
Metcon training differs from performing high-intensity activities that require maximum effort. Training is usually provided with a rest interval of several seconds between round and round. In addition, it offers great versatility, as it can be done through practicing exercises in the gym, such as swimming or running, doing circuits, or a combination of all of these practices.
This training affects the cardiovascular system and within Metcon Exercise The most common include the following:
- Tabata, It is a high-intensity training system equipped with different series of 20 seconds each, in which we must perform the largest number of repetitions with 10 seconds rest between one and the other.
- EMOM, This includes doing high intensity interval training. The idea is to start with a specific exercise and do the recommended repetitions for one minute and then rest for another minute.
- amrap, This involves performing as many repetitions as the user can within a given time frame that can last between 10, 20 or 30 minutes. It is quite a challenge in front of which it is possible to break the previous record every time.
How is CrossFit different from MetCon?
- CrossFit training is done to develop and improve our strength Our flexibility, strength and cardiovascular system.
- metcon trainingOn the other hand, there is a training that serves burn calories Build more muscle in a short amount of time. Therefore, MetCon is a training system that is part of CrossFit and its main purpose is to burn energy.
- crossfit is too complete And when performing this training, various exercises are performed between gymnastics, weightlifting and metabolic conditioning.
- That’s the main difference with respect to MetCon: the latter is more specificWhereas CrossFit is everything at once and nothing in particular.
This information does not in any case replace a diagnosis or prescription by a doctor. In case of illness it is important to go to the specialist when symptoms appear and never self-medicate.