Mexico, United States and Canada agreed to make a virtual platform on the Los Angeles Declaration website so that immigrants have the information they need to enter those countries legal wayThe White House gave this information in a statement on Tuesday.
The deal would make migrants “less likely” to leave depend on smugglers who lie about current border restrictions and put their lives at risk.”
Other points agreed upon between the three countries would include a new union a center that will be set up in southern mexico To help people “access legal channels”.
According to the White House, the center will get “strong support” private initiative,
In another agreement that “echoes” President Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s statements, North American leaders signed a “Development Association Outreach Tripartite Action PlanWhich will try to combat and address the causes of illegal migration.
Other agreed points are:
- Increase sharing of information and best practices Binational Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program To improve their rights.
- Share best practices to increase the speed, efficiency and fairness of Asylum Processing System To ensure that eligible persons receive prompt protection and that immigrants with unreasonable security claims are be fired soon,
- combating xenophobia and discrimination By promoting balanced public narratives on migrants and refugees against migrants and refugees to support their meaningful inclusion in the region.
President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will host this Tuesday Joe BidenUS President, Y Justin TrudeauPrime Minister of Canada, at the 10th North American Leaders’ Summit.
The meeting will take place at 11:45 am at the National Palace. The work agenda identifies the following activities:
- 12:00 hours: Private working luncheon in the dining room.
- 1:30 pm: Tripartite meeting in the reception hall.
- 3:35 pm: Leaders’ message to the media in the central courtyard.