The Chicago Cubs (8-13) will visit the Milwaukee Brewers (14-7), Sunday at 2:10 p.m. ET, with the Brewers on a three-game winning run.
The Brewers are preferred when they field at home against the Cubs (+171) (-203 moneyline odds). The Milwaukee Brewers will hand the ball to Corbin Burns (1-0, 6.98 ERA), who is looking for a No. 2 win over the season, and the Cubs will turn to Marcus Strowman (0-3, 6.98).
These clubs meet again after the Brewers’ 9-1 win over the Cubs yesterday. Eric Lauer (7.0 IP, 1R, 5H, 11K) won for the Brewers. Hunter Renfro went 3-for-5 with a home run and two RBIs to lead the team. Justin Steele (3.0 IP, 2R, 7H, 4K) lost on the mound to the Cubs.
Get ready for the Brewers vs. Cubs with everything you need to know about Sunday’s baseball action.
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs Odds and Betting Lines
Courtesy of Major League Baseball Odds Tipico Sportsbook, The odds were updated on Sunday at 5:05AM ET. For a complete list of sports betting odds, access the USA Today Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Brewers (-203, $203 bet to win $100)
- a person or group of low caliber: Cubs (+171, wager $100 to win $171)
- over under: 7
Deposit $10, get $200 instantly: Take action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA Today Network Offers: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credits instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Brewers Stats & Trends
Brewers Betting Records
- This season, the Brewers have won 12 out of 18 games, or 66.7%, in which they have been preferred.
- Milwaukee has played -203 or more as favorites twice this season and won both games.
- The sportsbook implied that the Brewers have a 67% chance of winning, with the moneyline set for this matchup.
- So far this season, Milwaukee and its opponents have hit total overs in seven of their 21 matches.
- The Brewers are 10-11-0 against the spread this season.
Corbin Burns (Brewers potential starter)
- The Brewers will send Burns (1-0) to the mound for their fifth start this season.
- The right-hander allowed two hits in a 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the San Francisco Giants on Monday.
- The 27-year-old has played four games this season, boasting an ERA of 1.75, a strike-to-walk ratio of 5.5 and a WHIP of .740.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs, he will earn his fourth consecutive quality start.
- Burns has made four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Cubs have scored 94 runs this season, ranking seventh in MLB. He is ranked 21st in the league, batting .250 for the campaign with 16 home runs.
- This season, the right-handed batsman has pitched against the Cubs in one game, and he has gone 4-for-17 with a double, a home run, and three RBIs in five innings.
- The 27-year-old ranked 12th in ERA (1.75), fifth in WHIP (.740), and ninth in K/9 (11.6) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Brewers Batting Stats
- The Brewers’ 24 home runs rank fifth in Major League Baseball.
- Driven by 59 extra-base hits, the Brewers rank eighth in MLB this season with a .389 slugging percentage.
- Milwaukee’s .227 batting average ranks 19th in the league this season.
- The Brewers have scored 91 runs (4.3 per game) this season, ranking 11th in MLB.
- Milwaukee has an on-base percentage of .297 this season, ranking 21st in the league.
- The Brewers rank 23rd in MLB with an average of 9.1 whiffs per contest in strikeouts per game.
Cubs Stats & Trends
Cubs Betting Records
- The Cubs have been underdogs in 15 matches this season and have won those competitions six times (40%).
- Chicago has played as an underdog of +171 or more just once this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Cubs have a 36.9% winning chance according to the moneyline set by the oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Chicago and its opponents have exceeded totals in 10 of their 21 occasions this season.
- The Cubs are up against a 10-11-0 spread mark in 21 matches with a line this season.
Marcus Strowman (Cubs potential starter)
- The Cubs will send Strowman (0-3) to the mound for their fifth start of the season. He is 0-3 with 6.98 ERA and 17 strike outs in 19 1/3 innings.
- In his last outing on Tuesday against the Atlanta Braves, Wright bowled six innings, conceding two earned runs, while surrendering six hits.
- With 7.9 strikes per nine innings in four matches this season, the 31-year-old has an ERA of 6.98. The opponents have a batting average of .278 against him.
- Strowman looks to make his second best start of the year in this outing.
- Strowman will look to secure his third game of five or more innings on the pitch this season. He averages 4.3 innings per performance.
- The opposing Brewers offense has a collective batting average of 227, and ranks 17th in the league with 155 total hits and 11th in MLB action with 91 runs. He has an eighth-place slugging percentage (.389) and is fifth in all MLB runs with 24 home runs.
- Strowman has bowled five innings against the Brewers this season, scoring three runs and leaving one earned run on two hits.
Cubs Batting Stats
- The Cubs are ranked 21st in MLB action with a total of 16 home runs.
- So far this season, the Cubs are ranked 11th in the league with a .387 slugging percentage.
- Chicago is ranked fifth in the league with a .250 batting average.
- The Cubs score the seventh-most runs in baseball (94 total, 4.5 per game).
- Chicago’s .335 on-base percentage is the second best in baseball.
- The Cubs’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 15th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO & NJ at Tipico Sportsbook.
Brewers vs Cubs: Live streaming info and game times
- Game day: Sunday, 1 May 2022
- time to play: 2:10 PM ET
- Stadium: american family area
- TV Channel: Marquee Sports Network
- live stream: fuboTV (watch for free)
Gannett can earn revenue from Tipico for referral of spectators to betting services. Tipico has no influence on nor is reliant on any such revenue from or associated with newsrooms or news coverage. For Terms and Conditions visit Tipico.com. 21+ only. problem Yok? Call 1-800-GAMMER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).