With the return to schools, normalization of vaccinations and global alarm over the lack of protection for minors, the capital’s health authorities have stressed the need to call on mothers, fathers and caregivers. The objective is to take the boys and girls to the vaccination points so that they can complete their plans and stay safe.
“We continue on various points that are in all health institutions. Invite everyone to be up to date with the vaccination schedule this school year. Remember that vaccines protect against many communicable diseases, that we can prevent them through vaccination can prevent,” said Diane Moyano, director of epidemiology for the health ministry.
“The start of the school season is an opportunity for us to continue protecting the health of our children. With low immunity, by not vaccinating, we not only expose them to diseases that can be preventedBut, taking into account that they will be in contact with their peers and even at-risk adults, we contribute to an increase in the transmission chain. Parents and caregivers are key players in the prevention of outbreaks of various maladies”, explained Ofelia Vergara, Medical Manager of Sanofi Vaccines for the Andean Region, Central America and the Caribbean.
vaccination point enabled
He told the secretariat that all the vaccination points of the institutions providing health services have been made operational. There will also be various external strategies and tactics such as vaccination at strategic, fixed and mobile concentration points in rural and urban centers of various municipalities in the country.
“The objective is to ensure vaccination without any barriers, so that anyone living in the country, irrespective of their insurance, Request the pending vaccines of the National Immunization Scheme free of cost as per your age and requirements”, he announced.
In addition, every day, in the official accounts of the Ministry of Health, they share some of the available vaccination points and in this link you can find the most detailed information on localities and neighborhoods.
Immunization schedule for children under five years of age
- Neonatal: BCG (tuberculosis), hepatitis B
- 2 months: Pentavalent (diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, hepatitis B)
- Four months: Pentavalent (diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, hepatitis B, polio, pneumococcus, rotavirus)
- 6 months: Prevalence (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, Polio, Seasonal influenza, 1st dose in last week of April every year)
- 7 months: seasonal flu
- 12 months: Triple Viral (Measles, Rubella and Mumps), Pneumococcus, Hepatitis A, Chickenpox (free start for all children born from 1st July 2014), Seasonal influenza (1st dose in last week of April every year)
- 18 months: Polio, Yellow Fever, Influenza (Last week of April every year), Pentavalent (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B), Triple Viral (Measles, Rubella and Mumps)
- 5 years: DPT (diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus), polio, chickenpox
According to the new amendments, this is how the Covid-19 vaccination scheme should be run
Epidemiologist Carlos Alvarez explained WeekHow much dose should have been taken according to the age.
“For people 18 and older, four doses of those two booster doses. Adolescents 12 to 17 years of age should receive three doses and a fourth dose with a prescription. Children ages 3 to 11 should be given two doses.”
He also recalled that “the new versions that are circulating, with reinforcements, provide enhanced protection, protection against re-infection and long-term effects, despite partially evolving the defenses that arise with the vaccine.” is like a long-lived Covid”.