Search
Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Montenegro mourns the massacre in the street

CETIÑA, Montenegro ( Associated Press) — Montenegro on Saturday declared three days of national mourning after 10 people, including two children, died a day before a 34-year-old man who police say he has Recently demonstrated “behavior change”. ,

The attacker used a hunting rifle to kill two children, aged eight and 11, and their mother, their tenants, in the Medovina neighborhood of Cetinje city in the west of the country. He then went out into the street and randomly shot 13 people, seven of whom died. The man was later killed in an encounter with the police.

Investigators of the homicide said in a statement that it was not clear what the motives were for the man, whom they had identified from their initial VB. But he added that people close to the shooter “had noticed a change in his behavior, but there was no indication. Who could have committed such a crime.”

The attacker had time to see a mental health specialist, but he had already committed the murder.

The assailant opened fire on the officers sent to the spot and fired at least 20 bullets, injuring him critically, the police statement said.

“Whether he died due to grievous hurt (inflicted by the police) or was shot by a local civilian,” the statement said.

Prosecutor Andrijana Nastic, coordinating the investigation, told reporters Friday that a passerby shot the attacker and that one of the wounded was a police officer. He said nine people died on the spot and two in the hospital.

Cetinje, a city of 17,000 people and the seat of the former monarchy, is located 36 kilometers (22 mi) west of Podgorica, the capital of this small Balkan nation.

Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.

Latest News

Related Stories