Thursday, February 9, 2023

Moving towards water sustainability

For many years we have seen glimpses of the effects of climate change, such as climate change, effects on ecosystems, effects on flora and fauna, as well as effects on people’s daily lives.

The issue of water is no exception, and ironically, excess and lack of this liquid are some of the challenges that arise. It is expected that floods will increase by more than 30 percent by 2050, on the other hand, droughts will increase by 70 percent, which could affect more than 75 percent of the world’s population.

According to official organizations, out of the 14 countries in which we operate as Grupo Rotoplas, there are four in which we have information about the level of water scarcity. Mexico has a high risk of water depletion, Peru has a moderate level; While less likely in Argentina and the United States, there are, however, areas where climate change has increased water risk.

Grupo Rotoplas believes that it is necessary to break paradigms and think about business models and processes in an open and inclusive way. A clear example is what we do with Bebbia®, a water purification service for homes and businesses that helps reduce water and carbon footprints due to the relocation and production of plastic containers.

On the other hand, we promote Rotoplas Servicios de Agua for industries to improve their water practices, offering options and solutions for wastewater treatment and rainwater collection systems at different levels. In addition to weeding out technologies acquired by companies just to comply with regulations, but not maintained or leveraged.

Our DNA contains an innovation gene, and it is through our innovation policy that we promote the creation and exchange of value to generate competitive advantage, improve production processes and create new and better solutions that adapt to technological progress. Huh.

That is why at the company we invite different areas of the organization to undertake disruptive impact initiatives on their own and in collaboration with others or in a systematic way with third parties. In the last four years, we have invested more than 207 million pesos in research and development.

We have also collaborated with entrepreneurs, startups, research centers and civic organizations to promote technologies that reduce the impact of water scarcity through our INNWAI Innovation Hub. With this initiative we work collaboratively, and through the phases we validate the work of various organizational entities either by its design, user customization risk, marketing challenges and even technical performance risk.

Finally, it is important to create a framework that maps decentralized solutions as a fundamental part of solving water challenges. Whereas it is necessary to establish achievable goals from the business sector.

In our case, for the second year in a row we have completed the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) questionnaire on climate change and we join the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) to provide our investors with information about our actions. Let’s use the recommendations of. Apply to reduce the risks of climate change.

This has allowed us to make progress, for example, we have achieved a 15.3 percent reduction in CO2eq emissions per ton of resin processed in the main production processes during 2021. We are also making sure that our products contain more recycled content.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news