Giving yourself a moment of wellness doesn’t need to be a struggle. Proof is this routine that I signed up for this summer. And all thanks to a plant that we can all grow in our balcony, terrace or garden. Originally from Asia and the South Pacific, it is characterized by its unmistakable citrus scent. Its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and diaphoretic properties make it a great ally to improve health, skin and hair problems. But not only this, moreover, this wholesome herb has a delicious aroma of citrus which helps in lifting your spirits. Lastly, it is the best companion for summer evenings on the balcony as it is successful in keeping mosquitoes away. As for the climax: It’s very cheap.
Citronella: The Herb With Superpowers
Originally from Asia and the South Pacific, it is characterized by its unmistakable citrus scent.
Citronella is much more than a mosquito repellent. For centuries, citronella oil has been a natural medicinal remedy and food ingredient in China, Sri Lanka and Indonesia. Today you can find it on the market in many formats: as an essential oil, in cosmetics, scented candles, soaps, sprays, even in non-toxic repellents. These are some of its benefits for our health and well-being:
- As an essential oil, citronella is an antibacterial that fights acne and helps reduce oily hair.
- Its lemon scent detoxifies our body, soothes inflammation and pain.
- Its aroma repels insects, uplifts the mood and relaxes the body and mind. Relieves headache and increases energy.
- Infusion, it relieves gases and helps eliminate toxins from the body, strengthens immunity, reduces symptoms of flu, cold and fever, contributes to weight loss, improves metabolism and digestion activates.
- In the kitchen it is traditionally used as a flavoring agent.
My Favorite Citronella Product: Body Spray
This summer citronella will be my best friend to take care of my health. Apart from this, its price is very cheap. I usually have citronella spray at my work desk. Spraying it on your body from time to time helps you feel fresh and work better. These are my favourites:
Body Spray Citronella 150 ml. Deliplus (1,50 Euro). dailyplus
Citronella Body Spray 150ml. Deliplus (1.50 Euro).
Citronella Body Spray 150ml by Laiseven Cosmetis. On sale in La Central del Perfume (1.84 euros). la central del perfume
Citronella Body Spray 150ml by Laiseven Cosmetis. On sale in La Central del Perfume (1.84 euros).