After all bracket busting – props for the St. Peters in the 2022 NCAA Men’s National Basketball Tournament, we still ended up with a Final Four full of traditional powerhouses.
Including this tournament, the remaining schools have 61 final fours and 17 national championships. Hopefully, the blue-blooded college basketball bookies made beakop bucks in this tournament.
With only three games left, FOX Sports Research looked at the data and discovered some trends to help you sail through the Final Four matchups. As always, if you want to stake in the game, make sure you place your bet on FOX Bet.
number 2 villanova (30-7) vs No. 1 Kansas (32-6), 6:09 pm ET, TBS
– This is the fourth NCAA Tournament matchup between Kansas and Villanova. In each of his last three NCAA Tournament matchups, the winner has gone on to win the national championship.
– Since 1985, 1-seeds are up against 2-seeds 8-3 straight up (SU) and 7-4 spread (ATS) in Final Four.
– In 38 games this season, Kansas is 32-6 SU and 19-18 ATS as favorites.
– In his last five against Kansas, Villanova is 5-0 ATS and 4-1 SU.
– Villanova is an all-time 5-2 (.714) against the Big 12 teams in the NCAA Tournament.
– Kansas is 3-1 SU and 3-1 ATS in their last four national semifinals, with their only loss coming in 2018 as a 4.5-point underdog to Villanova.
– The big 12 teams in the national semi-finals since 2002 are 7–4 overs, including 5–1 if favourites.
– The Big East Underdogs are 1-4 SU and 1-3-1 ATS in their last five in the national semifinals. Four out of five games went below the total.
– The number 1 seeds are 16–5 SU against lower-seeded teams in the national semi-finals since 2001.
number 8 North Carolina (28-9) vs No. 2 ruler (32-6), 8:49 pm ET, TBS
North Carolina Tar Heels
Duke Blue Devils
– The Final Four (since 1985) has 2-seed 0-1-1 ATS and 0-2 SU against 8-seeded.
– The ACC teams have been 10-4 SU and 9-5 ATS since 2001, including 8-1 SU and 6-3 ATS.
– North Carolina is 20-16-1 ATS this season, 8-2 ATS last 10.
– Duke is 32-6 SU, but the team is 18-16-2 ATS as favorites this season.
– Duke is 8-4 ATS and 9-3 SU in the last four since 1985.
– Duke is 8-1 SU in their last 9 national semifinal games.
– Duke is 3-0 SU in the NCAA tournament against ACC opponents at all times.
– Duke is an all-time 9-0 SU in the NCAA Tournament against 8-seeds.
– UNC is 4-1 SU in their last five national semifinal games.
– UNC is 3-0 SU vs ACC opponent in the NCAA Tournament.
With the pedigree and history of the remaining four teams, it is shaping up to be one for the final four eras. Coach is hoping for an all-time career, while Hubert Davies is trying to spoil it by winning a title in his first year.
The Wildcats, on the other hand, have a strong recent history against Kansas, but are without their second best player. Meanwhile, the Jayhawks hope to start a new trend against ‘Nova’ and win Bill Self his second title.
Do any of these trends or stories appeal to you? If so, make sure your bet is over on FOX Bet.
Play Fox Super 6 every week For your chance to win thousands of dollars every week. Just download the Super 6 app and make your choice today!
Get More From College Basketball Follow your favorites to get information about games, news and more.