Ashfall is a MMORPG shooter from Legendary Star Studio that will be released in 2023 and will take you to a post-apocalyptic future.
What kind of game is this? Ashfall is the title of the new MMORPG shooter that is being developed by Legendary Star Studio and NetEase Games.
Ashfall is set in a post-apocalyptic future where an artificial intelligence has unleashed a nuclear war on humanity. The war leaves a trail of destruction and only ruins remain of what people once built.
Now it’s up to you to leave the security vault and search the world for the “core of creation”. Because this is a key with which you can save the world.
On which platforms is the game released? Ashfall will be released on PC and mobile devices.
Ashfall advertises “unmistakable cultural ambience”
What sets the gameplay apart? A special aspect that Ashfall mentions on Steam is the changing setting. In addition to barren deserts, there should be abandoned cities, with each area dedicated to a different theme. This is intended to create a “distinctive cultural ambience”.
The Steam site also mentions the following gameplay aspects that Ashfall should get:
- Interaction with NPCs with memorable personalities
- random events in the game world
- Character customization options
- a dynamic weather system
- authentic hit feedback when you get hit in battles
- every single decision you make should affect the entire story
- mutated creatures and human opponents
- Firearms and fast combat system
In addition, Ashfall, although it is declared as an MMORPG, can be played both with friends and solo.
Setting convinces, gameplay deters
How are the reactions? The reactions to the trailer are not so good on YouTube. Some players find the gameplay shown interchangeable or just not good in general. What stands out positively is the setting, which is why, despite low expectations, the hope is expressed that the shooter could surprise in the future.
- Hillman: The gameplay looks pretty mediocre, but the story and setting are intriguing. I hope it can surprise.”
- Shiba Inuuuuuuu: “They won me over with the environmental details and graphics, but they lost me with the gameplay.”
- Fe Burg: “Everything looks great except the fight. Every opponent looks like a bullet sponge and nothing feels like it has any effect.”
Bullet-Sponge: Shooter players call opponents who take an extremely large number of bullets from a firearm a bullet sponge. These enemies absorb the fired bullets like a sponge without dying.
When is the release? Ashfall is currently scheduled for release in 2023. A more precise date is currently not known.
What is your impression of the trailer and Ashfall? Do you also find the gameplay shown rather off-putting or will you watch it based on the setting as soon as it is released. Write it to us here on MeinMMO in the comments!
Are you currently looking for a new shooter where you can loot and fight PvE opponents? Maybe The First Descendant is interesting for you then:
Co-op shooter on Steam reminded fans of Destiny – Reveals 6 playable characters in new trailer