Saturday, October 1, 2022

NFL: Deshan Watson apologizes to wrong women

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshan Watson apologized Friday to “all the women he has affected” after two dozen women accused him of harassment and sexual assault during massage sessions.

Watson, who could be suspended for a year by the NFL, made the remarks hours before Cleveland’s first preseason game in Jacksonville, his first since January 3, 2021, when he played with the Houston Texans. Were.

Independent referee Sue L. Robinson suspended Watson for six matches earlier this month after the player violated the league’s personal conduct policy with “abusive” and “predatory” behavior.

In his ruling, the retired federal judge underscored Watson’s lack of remorse.

In a pregame television interview, Watson was asked what he would say about Robinson showing no remorse.

“Look, I want to say that I’m really sorry for all the women I’ve affected in this situation,” Watson said in the interview.

“I would certainly like to go back to the decisions in my life that have put me in this position, but I want to move on, grow and learn, show that I am truly a person of character and continue to grow.” I’ll keep it.”

Watson was accused of sexually assaulting and assaulting women during massage sessions in 2020 and 2021. The player has denied wrongdoing, and grand juries in two counties in Texas have decided not to criminally charge him.

The three-time Pro Bowl player has settled 23 of 24 civil lawsuits.

However, Watson is facing disciplinary action from the league, which has appealed Robinson’s sentence. The NFL wants to see the quarterback suspended for the entire season, fined more than $5 million and subject to evaluation and treatment before being reinstated in the game.

The appeal was filed with former New Jersey Attorney General Peter C. Harvey. Commissioner Roger Goodell appointed him to solve the case.

No time has been set for Harvey to issue a resolution. There is also the possibility that the parties can negotiate a settlement.

On Thursday, a person for Watson’s defense said the 26-year-old would be prepared to accept an eight-match suspension and be fined $5 million.

The source requested anonymity for comment due to the sensitivity of the matter, which attracted a lot of media attention.

Watson continues to practice and was excited to make his debut with Cleveland, who traded three first-round draft picks to Houston in March for the quarterback. Cleveland later offered him a five-year, $230 million contract.

Based on Harvey’s decision, Watson may be inactive with Brown indefinitely.

When Watson was asked what kind of personal development he expected, he said: “I know I have a lot of work to do, especially on the field to make sure I am ready to play, when I can get back in action.”

“But the most important aspect is also that I want to continue to guide and guarantee my growth as a person, as a person, by my decisions on and off the pitch.

“I want to make sure that I continue to grow in the community as much as possible, which means for the Cleveland community, which is the NFL community and beyond.”

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -