Top-5 Highest Grossing Movies Of 1990: Veteran Bollywood actor Aamir Khan entered Bollywood in the year 1988 with the film ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’ and dominated the box office with his first film. His magic spread in Bollywood since his first film. Today we are going to talk about those 5 films of the year 1990, which were included in the highest grossing list of that year and the new actor Aamir Khan single handedly topped all of them that year.
New Delhi. In the year 1990, more than one film was released in theaters, where the new actor Aamir Khan single-handedly conquered all at the box office. Sunny Deol, Anil Kapoor and even Amitabh Bachchan lost in front of Aamir Khan. In the year 1990, Aamir’s film became the highest grossing film at the box office. So, we will tell you about the 5 highest grossing films of that year…
1. Dil: This Aamir Khan film became the highest grossing film of the year 1990. According to Wikipedia data, this film, made at a cost of Rs 2 crore, earned a total of Rs 20 crore at the box office. It was a romantic drama film, in which Aamir Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Anupam Kher and Saeed Jaffrey also played important roles. It is directed by Indra Kumar, written by Naushir Khatau and Kamlesh Pandey and the music is composed by Anand-Milind.
2. Ghayal: This Sunny Deol film became the second highest grossing film of the year 1990, dominating the box office the moment it was released. The budget of this film was Rs 2.5 crore and the film earned a total of Rs 20 crore at the box office. It is an action drama film directed by Rajkumar Santoshi and produced by Dharmendra. Apart from Sunny Deol, Meenakshi Sheshadri, Raj Babbar, Amrish Puri, Moushumi Chatterjee, Annu Kapoor, Om Puri, Sharat Saxena and Sudesh Berry are also in important roles in the film.
3. Today’s Arjun: This film of Amitabh Bachchan became the third highest grossing film of the year 1990. It is a crime drama film, directed and produced by KC Bokadia and Jaya Prada is seen with Amitabh Bachchan in the movie. This film of Amitabh got a lot of love from the audience, people really liked the story of the film. The budget of this film is Rs 2.7 crore and the total box office collection is Rs 13 crore.
4. Kishan Kanhaiya: This film by Anil Kapoor became the fourth highest grossing film of the year 1990 and the makers spent Rs 2.35 crore to make it. The total box office collection of this film is Rs 8 crore. It is a 1990 action comedy film directed by Rakesh Roshan. In the film, Shilpa Shirodkar and Madhuri Dixit are in the lead actress roles along with Anil Kapoor (double role).
5. Baaghi: This Salmana Khan film became the fifth highest grossing film of the year 1990. It is a romantic action drama film, in which Nagma, Kiran Kumar and Shakti Kapoor are also in important roles along with Salman Khan. Upon its release, this film proved to be a blockbuster at the box office and this film also received a lot of love from the audience.