A new microsite www.bus.irctc.co.in has been launched for bus ticketing booking, the statement said. Passengers will be able to book a seat of their choice by selecting a seat at their convenience from home. IRCTC has partnered with more than 50,000 state road transport and private bus operators covering 22 states and 3 Union Territories to provide online bus ticket booking service.
Passengers will be able to see the bus route, facilities, reviews, ratings and photos. Based on this, passengers will be able to decide the bus of their choice. Passengers will be able to choose pick-up and drop points as well as timing for travel by bus. Discounts will also be available through banks and e-wallets on IRCTC online bus ticket bookings.
Bus ticket booking process
– Go to www.bus.irctc.co.in
– Write both places in the space provided.
– Select the date of travel and click on search.
– It will then come in front of you with the option of buses available on the route, travel time, bus departure and arrival time to the destination. In addition, the details of the ticket price and how many seats are left to be booked will also be seen.
– Passengers can choose from seater, sleeper, AC and non-AC buses. Seat selection and boarding / dropping points can also be selected.
– Click on Proceed to Book after seat selection. Here you have to log in as a login or guest user of IRCTC.
– After paying the ticket money as well as completing some other procedures, the bus ticket will be booked online.