Friday, September 30, 2022

Ont. The death toll from COVID-19 adds 58 more; 3,019 now in hospital with virus

Ontario has added another 58 deaths to its COVID-19 deaths as hospitalizations declined once again week-on-week.

According to the latest figures released by the province, 3,019 people are hospitalized with COVID-19, down from 3,797 last week. Of those hospitalised, 587 are being treated in intensive care units, down from 604 last Sunday.

There are 358 patients who breathe with the help of ventilators, up from 375 seven days ago.

The province did not release data today on how many patients were admitted for the virus and how many were admitted for other reasons but are testing positive for COVID-19. The vaccination status of hospitalized patients was also not provided by the province today.

Provincial health officials say 55 of the 58 deaths reported today occurred in the past month. This includes 19 more deaths involving residents of long-term care homes in the province.

The number of ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19 in long-term care homes now stands at 351, up from 407 seven days ago.

Another 3,960 new cases were confirmed by provincial laboratories in the past 24 hours, but the number of recent cases does not accurately reflect the true burden of infection in Ontario due to testing limitations.

Of those confirmed cases, 623 included people who were not vaccinated, 185 people who were partially vaccinated, 2,807 people who received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. The dose was met, and 345 included people with unknown vaccination status.

With 23,638 tests processed in the last 24 hours, officials are reporting a provincewide positivity rate of 13.5 percent, up from 18.2 percent last week.

On Monday, businesses that were forced to slow the spread of the highly contagious Omron version will reopen at 50 percent capacity, including restaurants, gyms and movie theaters.

Officials have said there are signs that transmission is declining in the province, although the health care system will continue to face challenges through February.

“We’ve controlled our lives in a significant amount of fear for the past two years, and now we have to change that thinking,” Dr. Kieran Moore, Ontario’s chief medical officer of health, said during a news conference. Thursday.

“I think we have to start to understand that we have to learn to live with this virus.”

The numbers used in this story are found in the Ontario Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 daily epidemiological summary. The number of cases for any given city or region may differ slightly from what is reported by province, as local units report figures at different times.

,

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -