Saturday, January 29, 2022

Ontario reports 3,448 people with COVID-19, 505 ICU admissions in hospital

Ontario is reporting another surge in people hospitalized with COVID-19 on Wednesday as the number of patients in intensive care exceeds 500.

Health officials said 3,448 people are now testing positive for COVID-19 in hospital, an increase of over 200 people in the last 24 hours.

The number of people in intensive care also rose to 505, up from 477 on Tuesday.

The province also reported on Wednesday that 54 percent of those hospitalized were mainly due to COVID-19, while the remaining 46 percent were admitted for other reasons, but now they are testing positive for the virus.

In intensive care, 83 per cent of patients are primarily admitted for COVID-19, while the remaining 17 per cent have tested positive but are being treated for some other problem.

Ontario also reported a spike in deaths related to COVID-19, recording 46 fatalities in the latest report.

Meanwhile, Ontario reported 9,782 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, with a test positivity rate of 20 percent.

Health officials have warned that due to testing restrictions, the number of cases reported daily is less than the true amount.

In the Greater Toronto area, officials reported 1,675 new cases in Toronto, 1,060 new cases in the Peel area, 964 new cases in the York area, 819 new cases in the Durham area, and 434 new cases in the Halton area.

Officials reported 471 new cases in the Waterloo area and 588 in Ottawa.

Of the confirmed COVID-19 cases in Ontario today, 1,347 people have not been vaccinated, while 327 include people who have been partially vaccinated. There were 7,673 cases in people with at least two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 435 in people with unknown vaccination status.

The province reported 235 resident cases and 134 worker cases in long-term care settings throughout Ontario. It was also noted that three of the 15 reported deaths were long-term care residents.

At least 389 long-term care homes are currently dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak, officials said.

,

Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -