Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Ontario sets record with nearly 4,000 people hospitalized with COVID-19

Ontario has set another record for the most number of people in hospital with COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic.

Health officials said on Saturday that 3,957 people are testing positive for COVID-19 in the hospital, an increase of 143 in the last 24 hours. That number is up from 2,594 hospitalizations a week ago.

The province says 558 people are being treated in intensive care, up from 527 on Friday.

The province said 53 percent of those hospitalized are people who are hospitalized primarily because of COVID-19, while the remaining 47 percent were admitted for other reasons but are now testing positive for the virus. .

Ontario also added 10,732 new COVID-19 infections today, but that number is less than the true case count because of restrictions on testing.

During the last 24 hours, the test positivity rate in the state stood at 24.8%.

According to the government, there were 43 COVID-19-related deaths, taking the total number of deaths since the start of the pandemic to 10,565.

In total, there have been 937,636 lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases in Ontario, including deaths and recoveries.

In the Greater Toronto area, officials reported 2,045 new cases in Toronto, 1,533 new cases in the Peel area, 868 new cases in the York area, 986 new cases in the Durham area, and 627 new cases in the Halton area.

Officials reported 508 new cases in the Waterloo area and 466 in Ottawa.

Ontario reported 277 resident cases and 89 worker cases in long-term care settings across the province. It was also noted that three of the 10 reported deaths were long-term care residents.

At least 417 long-term care homes are currently dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak, officials said.

,

Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here