The Opel Corsa, this generation released in 2019, was the only passenger model that was missing to receive the Opel Vizor, which is the identity that all the cars of the German brand carry today.
But since aesthetic changes are never just, Opel has used this mid-life refresh to introduce some improvements. The main thing is with the mechanical offerings and the update of the multimedia system.
New Corsa, extra
The first is the first. The Opel Vizor finally reaches the front of the Corsa, which makes it compatible with the rest of the range. As we know, there is a glossy black cover that is attached to the headlights as a large piece. Depending on the version, the Opel logo will be black or satin gray. Of course, the lighting system is led with a led matrix (Intelli-Lux) and is improved with 14 diodes instead of eight.
The fascia also features a more angular look with both new brass. Another novelty is found in the rear, where the word Corsa can be read in the back, and not in a smaller font, like all new Opels. You already know the rest, new colors and wheels, as in all facelifts.
Corsa new, inside
Inside, there are three important changes:
- The electric transmission, the famous joystick that comes from the Peugeot 3008 and is used in countless models of the Stellar (of course the European party) is replaced by a new design, a type of “switch” and all cars now have it. new examples It was released in the Opel Mokka.
- The steering wheel has a new design in the center.
- The new star multimedia system is released with a 10″ screen, the same one that models like the Opel Astra have. This system (Snapdragon Cockpit Platform), as we know, was developed by Qualcomm.
- The voice has recognition
- Wireless support (and charging) for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- OTA updates
- The redesign includes a digital cluster
There are of course some aesthetic modifications that go along with the new fabrics and materials.
In addition, there are technological improvements, including a high-resolution panoramic rear view camera, which add to existing devices such as adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning and blind spot monitoring.
A new type of propulsion
They offer Corsa with gasoline and diesel engines included as well as a variety of electrics. Now let’s get out.
First, the Corsa Electric will be presented in two versions, one of 100 kW (136 Hp) with a range of 357 kilometers, the other 115 kW (156 Hp) with a range of 402 kilometers per 54 kWh battery. With a fast disk, they can recover from 20 to 80 percent of their capacity in 30 minutes.
The second thing is the arrival of MHEV engines. The turbo engine is a 1.2 with a 48v system, with powers of 99 or 134 Hp, both connected to a six-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The rest of the mechanical range has now been preserved, but it is known that this will be the last Corsa with combustion engines.