Two vehicles commissioned for theft were located this Thursday on a plot in the city of Carachilla, thanks to the call to 133 of the Carabineros.
After being alerted, the police personnel went to the said land, where, without encountering any resistance, they were able to enter the site and verify what was condemned by telephone calls. But this was not the only thing, because in addition, weapons inside a bedroom and explosives were found in the plot’s garage, elements that were also seized.
“This Thursday in the afternoon, a call was received at the 3rd police station, indicating that a stolen vehicle had been found in a plot in Karchila sector. Thus, service personnel, before the instructions of the prosecutor on duty, move to this plot and the person in charge is contacted, who authorizes the personnel to enter. Once inside, the Carabineros managed to establish the presence of three vehicles, two of which had license plates that did not match the chassis numbers. The third vehicle did not have a license plate or chassis number. Thus, information is requested on the origin of these vehicles, at which time attention is paid to the presence of another subject, which is inspected and controlled at the place, establishing that he used these vehicles The keys are kept, ”told about the process, Lieutenant Colonel Osvaldo Gonzalez.
“In addition to the seven ballistic projectiles, it was also possible to establish the presence of a firearm suitable for firing. Moreover, while registering the plot, it is possible to establish the presence of dynamite,” the police authority said.
It should be noted that the personnel of the LABOCAR de Carabineros had to go to the place to test the weapons, the same is the case with the GOPE with regard to explosives. For its part, the Vehicle Order and Search section carried out the procedures on the mobile phone.
As such, the Carabineros proceeded to arrest those who had been involved in the conspiracy, deeming it a crime. Means possession of vehicles ordered stolen.
The detainees are two men aged 22 and 49 respectively, neither of whom has a criminal record.
Both will go into detention control today, Friday, which was confirmed by Ovalle’s chief prosecutor, Carlos Jimenez, who managed the investigation’s mandate. “Two vans with search warrants for robbery and firearms were found. “The two men were detained and their arrest will be governed in the first order by the Reception and Arms Control Law,” the prosecutor said.