Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Orange County Shooting Suspect Takes to Government Hospital

A man accused of a mass shooting in Orange County earlier this year that killed four people, including a child, was admitted to a state mental institution on Wednesday after a judge ruled that he was not competent to stand trial.

Aminadab Gaxiola Gonzalez, 45, has been admitted to a government hospital where he will receive treatment after a psychological examination showed that he would not be able to help defend himself in the case of the March 31 attack. The officers responded with a shot in the head.

Gonzalez was charged with four counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder in a shooting in an office complex in Orange. Before the shooting, Gonzalez used bicycle-style locks at the front and rear entrances to lock people inside, targeting employees of Unified Homes, an industrial home dealer and real estate company, police said.

Authorities say Gonzalez shot and killed 50-year-old company owner Luis Tovar; longtime employee Leticia Solis Guzman, 58; Tovar’s daughter, Genevieve Raigosa, 28; and her 9-year-old brother Matthew Farias.

Raigosa and Matthew’s mother, Blanca Tamayo, was shot twice in the head and once in the arm. According to her family members, the police found her clutching her son. She was in the hospital for over a month, recovering from her injuries.

Gonzalez shot at the police who reacted to the scene, and while none of them were injured, he was wounded in the head by an officer’s bullet. The consequences of this stalled the trial of the case, and indictment of Gonzalez was postponed several times due to his injuries.

“While this shot undoubtedly saved lives, it has serious ramifications for litigation and justice,” Orange County said. Atty. This is stated in a statement by Todd Spitzer. “Fortunately, he was sent to a closed government hospital while he is undergoing treatment.”

Orange County Superior Court Justice Cherie Pham ordered a psychological assessment after Gonzalez’s attorney expressed concerns that he would not be able to help defend him. Both the court-appointed medical experts and the doctors at the public hospital came to the same conclusion: Gonzalez was not competent to investigate the charges against him.

Pham suspended his trial earlier this month based on the results of a medical report.

Gonzalez was sent to California State Hospital where he will receive treatment. The location and details of the hospital are sealed at the request of Gonzalez’s attorney. The public hospital report will be filed with the court within 90 days, with additional reports coming every six months, according to court documents. Spitzer said the district attorney’s office will send in its own experts for regular assessments to determine if Gonzalez is competent to stand trial.

“The families left behind from this terrible crime deserve justice and we will continue to do everything in our power to get justice for Louis, Leticia, Genevieve, Matthew and Blanca,” Spitzer said.

Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -