Aging, vitamin deficiencies and estrogen deficiency are some of the causes of osteoporosis, a disease in which Bones become brittle and more likely to breakAs explained by the specialized portal in Health health line.
Osteoporosis according to experts Can be prevented by limiting risk factors, ensuring adequate intake of vitamin D and calcium, and practicing resistance exercises or taking certain medications.
In that sense, when a person is suffering from osteoporosis, it is recommended that they focus their diet on foods that contain nutrients and vitamins such as: calcium, vitamins D, C, K; Protein (between 0.8 and 2.0 milligrams of protein per kilogram of body weight), magnesium and zincAs indicated by the above portal.
In addition, the American Dietetic Association recommends through its book ‘Building Bone Vitality: A Revolutionary Diet Plan to Prevent Bone Loss and Reverse Osteoporosis’ (‘Developing Bone Vitality: A Revolutionary Diet Plan to Prevent Bone Loss and Reverse Osteoporosis’). . One The Seven Day Diet for the Treatment of Osteoporosis.
- 8 ounces of orange juice is rich in calcium and vitamin D.
- 1 cup whole grain cereal fortified with vitamin D.
- 4 oz of skim milk.
- 2.5 oz of chicken breast.
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 3/4 cup rice.
- 2 slices of French bread with 1 tsp margarine.
- 1 cup strawberries with 2 Tbsp light whipping cream.
- 1 slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter, avocado or fruit spread.
- 8 oz calcium-fortified orange juice or 4 oz skim milk.
- Low-fat or fat-free yogurt with sliced fruit or berries.
- Spring Pasta with Whole Wheat Pasta, Grilled Chicken, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Carrots and Cherry Tomatoes, Drizzled with Olive Oil.
- Cucumber, avocado and tomato salad.
- Small portion of lemon sorbet with red fruit sauce.
- Slow-cooked oatmeal prepared with apples and/or raisins.
- 8 oz calcium-fortified orange juice.
- Pita sandwich with falafel (you can add cucumber, lettuce and tomato).
- 1 piece of watermelon
- 1 serving of 1 apple, banana or orange, or strawberry.
- Fried tofu with vegetables, such as bell peppers, sugar snap peas, and spinach.
- Oven-roasted breakfast potatoes (you can sprinkle with shredded American cheese with skim milk).
- Make a whole wheat wrap with red chili hummus, shredded carrots, and tomatoes (you can also try black or white bean spreads).
- 1 apple or banana
- Fruit smoothie mixed with low-fat yogurt or milk.
- Roasted Chicken with Zucchini, Asparagus and Mushrooms.
- corn cob.
- Whole Grain Cereal with Sliced Strawberries.
- 4 oz soy milk.
- 1 small banana
- Chickpea sauce or white beans.
- Roast 1 whole wheat pita bread, cut into quarters for dipping.
- Whole grain spaghetti with vegetables, such as sliced onions, grated carrots, and broccoli.
- Small portion of sorbet with red fruit or fruit sauce.
- Whole grain pancakes topped with apple sauce or fruit jam
- 1 small vegetarian sausage
- 4 ounces milk or calcium-fortified orange juice
- Vegetable and/or bean soup.
- Black Bean and Corn Salad with Cayenne Pepper.
- 1 apple, banana or orange
- Whole Spinach Lasagna with Low-Fat Cheese.
- Green salad with vegetables of your choice.
- Tortilla or quiche with tomatoes, spinach and other vegetables of your choice.
- 8 oz calcium-fortified juice or skim milk.
- 4 to 6 oz salmon burgers on a whole wheat bun.
- mashed potatoes.
- Rice pudding or milk pudding prepared with low-fat milk-
- 1 handful almonds without salt.
- Nachos with Beans, Avocado and Low-Fat Cheese.
- Greek Salad with Feta Cheese.