These results are understood only by heart. It doesn’t matter that they didn’t play very well, that they suffered too many losses, that there was too much indiscipline and that the position in the table indicates an erratic appearance. Little is known about the victory strategy and reasons in the classics, they are pure emotion. Who would think otherwise? The well-deserved victory of Club Atlético San Isidro Club against San Isidro Club by 36-25 in the Sanisidro Superclassic was a demonstration of the passion that unites the result with infinite joy. It was impossible to escape the rule of the senses. What does the opponent mean, for the shirt.
If there’s anything that can’t be denied from the 136th performance of Argentine rugby’s most important classic, it’s that How alive was the sentiment and its development, It went through all moods and satisfied the 3,000 fans present in Boulogne, including The former President of the nation was Mauricio Macri, Those were eighty minutes where there was no ceasefire. And there was one outstanding factor in that heat: the faithful fight.
Also it’s important to win in the classics, CASI didn’t hesitate for a minute to let SIC get a feel for the defensive strength ahead of them and the practicality of its pack to take it into the territory that best develops its game: action and intensity. From there he managed to gain territorial control and stay in fixed formations, especially the line and the scrum, for long periods of time. The latter was the big key to maintaining a fight that had no rifts. With a third line that was always reaching loose balls and a very alert Juan Torres with Obeid stealing everything he got from the visiting pack.
In this scenario, the Zanjero team was forced to leave their base and immerse themselves in a very uncomfortable battle. Without the ball, he had to resort to tackling in what appeared to be the danger zone, as the only option was to stop the barrage of packs and rearrange his play, which took up multiple offences. Furthermore, they were never able to convert possession of the ball into points and made several handling errors, which the visitors took advantage of. “It was a similar game but capitalized better by them. CASI was more accurate and scored every time he crossed the half field, We needed to be stronger in defence”, he analyzed the performance and appeared dissatisfied with the result, Marcos Piccini, ICS Capt.
“We won it because we became very strong in fixed formations, we didn’t give away easy penalties and we were encouraged to play, a lot of people came from the sides”, Jeronimo Solvera told. Above all, in the first 30 minutes of the first half, he managed to score three times through Rocca Rivarola, Benjamin Belaga and Ignacio Nieto Sánchez to score the Zanjero in-goal and seal the result after receiving a simultaneous warning from Eugenio Sartori. Reversed. An effort by Juan Soares Gache. Stunned by the barrage of visitors SIC found little response at the end of the stage and managed to go into half time losing 22–14 with Machiavello’s effort converted by Pavlovsky.
The fighting and giggling didn’t stop in the second half. However, seeing physical degradation and the desperation of the locals to give away, CASI made the most of the power of their backs and managed to score twice through hooker Torres Obeid, who was a beast in attack and in play . The ground’s two Pavlovsky penalties and Marcos Piccinini’s final try that decorated the result at 36 to 25 were in vain.
“Let’s hope that this win serves as a turning point for what is to come. It is an important motivation, but we have to claim it in the next game.”, Jeroen Solvera was honest, who did not hesitate to compare this success with the previous year when, with no chance of qualification, even the Academy celebrated in the ditch. “This should be the basis for what is left, it will not be good to defeat SIC and not fight to qualify for the playoffs,” closed the bench.
CASI wins compact in Boulogne
It has to be seen how much the academy takes advantage of this victory in future. Whether or not he achieves the primary objective of qualifying in the top four, something that has not been achieved for many years remains to be seen. It is true that only seven dates were in dispute and the road ahead is long. But beating SIC the way they did means a big boost for what’s to come and leaves them in an expected position in the standings. Something that in the end justifies the rapturous screams of the players and the endless joy of its people. Winning a classic is a result of emotion. And feelings are not discussed, they are lived.
Synthesis of SIC 25 Vs. about 36
- Thus: Francis Gonzalez Capdevila; Bus Picardo, Carlos Piran, Santos Rubio and Hyacinth Campbell; James Pawlowski and John Soares Gache; Thomas Comissati, Cyrus Plorutti and Andrea Panzarini; Baptiste Viro and Peter Georgalos; Benjamin Chiappe, Richard Machiavelli and Mark Piccini (Captain).
- Coaches: Bruno Vitale and Eduardo Victorica.
- Change. ST: 6′, by Marcos Gatica and Ignatius Bottazzini Chiappe and Macchiavello; 12′, Alberto Miguense comes in for Santos Rubio, and, 36′, Francisco Petazzi comes in for Viro.
- About: John Eckmeyer; Jerome Tumbrello, Benjamin Belaga, Jerome Solvera and Philip Proboas; Alejo Montes de Oca and Thomas Barefoot; Benjamin Rocca Rivarola, Luis Briatore (Captain) and Eugene Sartori; Salvador Ochoa and Ignatius Larrag; Ignatius Sanchez Grandson, John B. Torres Obeid and Facundo Scaiano.
- Coaches: Oscar Margier, Matias Biasi, Rodrigo Martínez and Santiago Phelan
- Change. ST: 10′, Vicente Boronet replaces Rocca Rivarola. 11′, Felix Paulucci replaces Nieto Sanchez; 20 ‘ Lucas Canzani comes on for Barefoot. 28′, Martin Brusson for Scaiano, and, 36’, Facundo Andreotti for Torres Obeid.
- First time: 10′, goal by Pavlovsky for a try by Soares Gache (S); 14′, try by Rocca Rivarola (C); 18, Montes de Oca goal by Belaga try (C); 22′, goal by Montes de Oca through an effort by Nieto Sánchez (C); 30′, penalty by Montes de Oca (C), Y, 39′, goal by Pavlovsky, by Macchiavello (S). warned: 9′, Sartori (c). Partial Result: SIC 14- Case 22
- Second time: 4′, goal by Montes de Oca after an effort by Torres Obeid (C); 9′ and 26′, penalty by Pavlovsky (S); 31′, goal by Montes de Oca after an attempt by Torres Obeid (C), and 39′, effort by Piccini (S). warned: 33′, Boronet (C). Partial Result: sic 11-case 14
- Ref: Nehuen Jauri Rivero.
- basketball court: San Isidro Club.