Friday, January 27, 2023

Patients and doctors are finding the benefits of telemedicine

The appearance of new viruses that could cause a global pandemic, as happened with COVID-19, the greater longevity of the population and a sedentary lifestyle are constantly testing our medical system. Therefore, scientists are constantly looking to technological innovations to find tools that help them respond to the constant challenges they are subjected to. And telemedicine is one of those tools that is becoming more important.

Telefónica’s telecommunications network in Spain is one of the best and most extensive in Europe. It allowed us to stay connected despite adversity during the health crisis that started in 2020. Connectivity, therefore, is the bedrock of citizens’ digital lives and a unique opportunity to improve their daily lives. For this reason, two years ago the operator joined the world benchmark in telemedicine, Teladoc Health to mourn movistar fitnessA family of services focused on health and wellness.

The service makes it easy to conduct medical consultations from any connected device at any time and place with maximum guarantees of privacy and security. It aims to provide users the convenience of taking health control from the comfort of their own homes or from anywhere, with a care service that provides peace of mind, comfort and convenience. This way, everything is integrated into an intuitive mobile application, from where you can book an appointment until you are taken care of immediately by the requested doctor, making it simple and accessible to use.

a health care system that made it possible during the pandemic and post-pandemic times as director ehealth Micaela Martelli from Telefónica Spain, “Access to good medical care without having to travel in circumstances in which it was important to avoid contact and not saturate health centers and hospitals.”

The “Digital Symptom Pre-Assessor” is a tool based on artificial intelligence that allows for earlier assessment.

If we take into account the results of the operation of the application, during the two years that it has been on the market, we can see that 75% of Movistar Salud’s questions are solved without leaving home. In the case of the remaining 25%, they are referred to the emergency room, to expedite a visit to a specialist or to request diagnostic tests.

One of the advantages of this service is the time required to join it. It is less than 20 minutes, which greatly reduces the time duration compared to a face-to-face meeting. And practically half of them are for general medicine, followed by traumatology (9%), pediatrics (7%) and dermatology (6.6%).

One of the most valuable features of the system is the “Digital Symptom Pre-Assessor”, a tool based on artificial intelligence that allows for earlier assessment. Thanks for the traits introduced into the system. However, one of the data that instills the most pride in the company, according to Martelli, is that “more than 90% of users show satisfaction with the quality of service and the reduction of wait times in primary care consultations”.

75% Of Movistar Salud'S Questions Are Solved Without Leaving Home.

75% of Movistar Salud’s questions are solved without leaving home.

There are a few things to keep in mind in today’s world where the priority is immediate access to any service including healthcare. For this reason, telemedicine is so interesting, as it combines the best of both worlds, making medical care fast, effective, and affordable for everyone.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news