suicide prevention line,*4141was created with the motto “or are you alone”aims to contribute to the well-being of people experiencing a mental health crisis.
According to the Ministry of Health (Minsal), two out of every 10 people in the country are affected by problems with their psychological health, and about 1800 die annually by suicide, As a result, a free telephone number has been set up that anyone can visit.
health minister, ximena aguilera declared that: “mental health is one of the government’s priorities”, as is work on suicide prevention.
Authority disclosed the utility of phone help to prevent suicide and the companionship of those who need support, adding the importance of showing that “this is a problem that can affect us all.”
phone line *4141 it is:
- operation the 24 hours a dayseven days a week.
- contact a specialized professional and trained to listen and help with mental health issues.
- psychologists who give first meditation Suicidal symptoms.
- Link to a service linked to digital hospital and emergency numbers for immediate patient referrals.
The implementation of this number is part of the government’s “Plan Construendo Salad Mental” to reduce mental health stigma.
Health officials stress the importance of being available to those who need help, especially family members, co-workers, friends and acquaintances who can be informed about it. number *4141 As a way of connecting to the health system.
Alarms to pay attention to are:
- Increased use of substances such as alcohol or drugs.
- Disorders in the sleep cycle.
- People who seem to say goodbye or give the idea that they will not be present in the future.