Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Pierlucci says he denies any irregularities in government agencies

Governor Pedro Pierlusi said on Wednesday that he “cancels” any possible irregularities in the government at a time when the headquarters of the Department of Education (DE) was the subject of raids by agents. office inspector general (OIG) of the United States Department of Education.

However, the chief executive acknowledged that being the DE agency with the largest volume of employees in the government, around 115,000, “irregularities can arise at any time in such a large unit.”

“Well, we do not know the details of these irregularities. In that sense, I am not surprised that irregularities can be detected in government operations of our size. The important thing is to take prompt action to prevent them from happening or continuing,” Pierlucci said at the end of a press conference and in response to questions from El Nuevo Día.

“There is a need to take necessary prophylactic measures to cooperate with the federal OIG on the one hand, and, on the other, to prevent any irregularities from continuing,” he stressed.

In passage, the Governor affirmed that the DE would grant relief to an agency employee associated with vocational education, whose work area and residence had been raided from his managerial position. The raids take place when the public education system has only two days left for the school year to begin.

“I was informed very early in the morning that this (raid) was taking place. So, I have information that this intervention by the Federal Department of Education’s OIG is in the area of ​​vocational education, specifically the area that manages the department’s technical institutions. The employee in question, i.e. the owner of the raided property, I have information that he is an operations manager in that area of ​​the department in that division and he is going to get relief,” the governor said.

Although the first executive did not disclose the name of the employee who, while holding a managerial position, holds a career position at the agency, in an interview new dayEducation Secretary Eliezer Ramos Parés confirmed that it was Calvin Pagan La Luz, Manager of Technical Education, who He has already been removed from his post.

“He has a career position in the permanent service of the department. He will be relieved of his post once the investigation is settled. As soon as we get to know the result of this inquiry, he is immediately removed from the post. There are potential Irregularities are narrowed down to that area. Looking at what happened, I understand that it is being done and it feels right to me”, said Pierlucci.

He referred Ramos Pares for any questions about the details of the ongoing investigation.

By the way, He denied that the investigation and raids were linked to the agency’s former associate under-secretary, Hector Joaquín Sánchez, who died in D.E. last May amid allegations of interference in the selection of teachers to be awarded federal funds. had left. Sanchez was assistant secretary of vocational and technical education at DE from 2017 to 2019.

“No. It has nothing to do with it,” said Pearlucci.

for questions of new day What to do with the Department of Education, the largest government agency by employment and which has been embroiled in corruption scandals for years, Pierlucci chose to talk about the agency’s performance during his administration.

“We have not given any indication of importance in that department, at least in the year and seven months that we have been in charge. This is the first time we have come across a situation like this, a search warrant was attempted by the Inspector General. The important thing is that you cooperate with the Inspector General, which I am sure is the case,” he replied.

“Any possible irregularity is denied and not welcome, but the important thing here is that we act as good parents,” he said.

Dee was shaken as recently as 2019 by the arrest and indictment at the federal level of the secretary, Julia Kelleher, for acts of corruption. Kellehar confessed to his crime and was released from prison last month after serving a six-month sentence and is now serving a one-year detention.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -