Editor’s Note: A lot happened this week, so here’s your chance to catch up. Read on for the week’s hottest headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here. For a great list of Fourth of July fireworks and events, go here.
1. Portillo deploys food truck to Dallas to preview its famous Chicago hot dog. Chicago-style hot dogs are popping up through Portillo, a fast-casual restaurant known for its Chicago-style street food. It’s bringing its Beef Bus food truck to tour Texas from July 11-23, offering a preview of its menu ahead of the opening of the first restaurant in Texas later this year.
2. The old school club in Deep Alum, Dallas, closed after a decade. A Dallas bar closes after a decade at Deep Elm: Wits’ End, an old-school hangout in the neighborhood’s epicenter at 2724 Elm St., closed its doors on June 26. The bar was one of the last with a throwback vibe. The band listened to Deep Alum of Old with stickers, graffiti and a slight medal edge – reminiscent of a time when Deep Alum was a music-driven neighborhood.
3. Bar with troubled history on Dallas’ Greenville Avenue pulls the plug after 11 years. A Greenville Avenue bar that seems to be a nexus of crime and dissent is pulling the plug: OT Tavern, located at 3600 Greenville Ave., is closing July 5 after 11 years. The bar has long been the subject of a campaign by neighbors dissatisfied with the crowd it draws and the accompanying noise and crime.
4. This Dallas Neighbor Weighs in as the Healthiest County in Texas, Says american news, For babies and baby boomers, Collin County stands out as the healthiest county in Texas, according to a new study. US news and world report, Collin County Lands at No. 50 american newsList of the 500 healthiest counties in the US, making it the healthiest county in Texas. american news Out of 3,143 counties across the US, 2,735 were evaluated but ranked only 500 of them.
5. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ net worth is in the 11-figure zone. Sure, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is worth billions of dollars. But he recently joined a more exclusive club: people whose net worth is as high as 11 points. in April, Forbes Jones’ net worth was estimated at $10.6 billion – the first time it has entered 11-figure territory. As of June 24, he was worth more than $83 million, according to ForbesDue to which his net worth increased to 11.3 billion dollars.