Women often have unique health problems and conditions that are difficult to manage in many cases. Among the most common are menopause, lactation, pregnancy and conditions that can occur in the female organs.
Web portal Medline PlusFrom the US National Library of Medicine, suggests that when it comes to overall circumstances, women are more likely to die of a heart attack than men, and are more likely to show symptoms of depression and anxiety than the opposite sex.
Hence, it is more important to maintain women’s health through healthy diet, good lifestyle habits and good exercise routine. In addition, there are also natural remedies based on medicinal plants that help enhance the health of this style and reduce some health problems.
Actually, the magazine better with health, sheds light on the properties of asparagus, a plant of the family asparagus, a part of which is common asparagus, Also known as wild asparagus or Indian asparagus, it commonly grows in soil in parts of India, Sri Lanka and Australia.
shared a review Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Diseases, show that sHatavari is high in phytoconstituents and more than 50 active constituents have been identified, including isoflavones, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, C and E; carbohydrates, polysaccharides and mucilages, flavonoids (kaempferol, quercetin and rutin) and steroidal saponins, also known as shatvarinas,
In addition, it is a plant that has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, immunomodulatory and antidepressant properties that improve the health of men, but especially women.
benefits of asparagus for women
The magazine in question reveals five benefits that this plant provides for women’s health:
- premenstrual Asparagus-based remedies have been helpful against the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, as flavonoids and saponin glycosides such as isoflavones improve the symptoms caused by this syndrome. Additionally, a study shared National Center for Biotechnology Information Shatavari has been determined to have a medicinal composition consisting of 85 asparagus racemosus Which are useful for this health problem.
- Hormonal balance: Shatavari supplements are useful for promoting hormonal balance in women, not only It reduces the risk of premenstrual symptoms, but also irregular periods and polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Feeding The Beast: Traditionally, asparagus has often been used to stimulate the production of breast milk, due to its galactogogue properties that have been evaluated in some clinical studies. In these investigations, a randomized controlled trial shared Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research Explained that this plant helps to increase the level of prolactin, which is a key hormone for lactation.
- Menopause: Specifically, consuming asparagus supplements Fewer hot flashes, sweating linked to depression and other symptoms of menopause. In fact, Journal of Herbal Medicine reported that this plant, combined with other plants, helped reduce menopausal symptoms after 12 weeks of use.
- Fertility: With regard to women’s sexual health, Shatavari helps increase sexual desire and stimulates fertility. According to one publication, it also helps in controlling problems in the reproductive system Pharmacognosy. Specifically, its moderate use is related to infertility reduction, Increase in libido and reduction in swelling of the sexual organs.
How to consume Shatavari?
Generally, this product can be found in powder and capsule form. According to better with health, A dose of 6 grams per day is recommended and in lactating mothers the dose ranges from 3 to 6 grams per day, Based on body weight (60 mg powder/kg body weight). However, its consumption should be directed by a health professional to avoid future contraindications.