How many points or “Running Stones” do you need Do they expire and do they accumulate? “Running Stones”? When will the pre-registrations open and when will the UTMB 2024 draw be?
Less than two weeks ago, 10,000 runners started one of the eight races of the 20th edition of the Dacia UTMB® Mont-Blanc, in a great week of trail running. Now, the focus is on the edition of L UTMB 2024, which will take place in August 26 to September 1, as well as classification criteria. The event, with more than 25,000 applications by 2023, expects to sell out.
Below we give you all the information on how to qualify for the Dacia UTMB Mont-Blanc 2024 and get a place on the starting line in 2024.
Riders wishing to secure a spot on the starting line at the UTMB® World Series Finals 2024 – UTMB®, CCC® and OCC – must participate in the draw. To enter the draw, you need two things: Running Rocks and a UTMB Index.
“Running Stones”, what they are and how to get them
- Las Running Rocks They can only be earned by completing races in the 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M categories at one of the events in UTMB World Series or one Major.
- A Running Rock equals one raffle entry.
- To enter the draw it is necessary to get at least one Running Rock in the last two years.
- Las Running Rocks They are cumulative, have no expiration date and each Running Rock giving you more chance at the draw.
- Las UTMB World Series Majors They offer double Running Rocks to all runners who reach the finish line.
Brokers can check their Running Rocks in the account MyUTMBwhich can be accessed through the website etc. world.
The “UTMB Index”
- The UTMB Index is calculated for each of the four race categories UTMB World Series: 20K, 50K, 100K and 100M.
- A valid UTMB Index is achieved by completing at least one race from UTMB World Series or a race with a UTMB Index in the corresponding category in the last 24 months.
- To enter the Dacia UTMB Mont-Blanc draw for the race of their choice, runners must have a valid Index according to the table.
Brokers can see their UTMB Index in their account MyUTMBwhich can be accessed through the website etc. world.
Races that do not require a draw
Runners who want to participate in TDS® (145km/9,176m+), MCC (40km/2,300m+), ETC (15km/1,200m+) or young trail runners who want to participate in YCC (14km/1,100m+), can register from December 14. It’s not necessary Running Rocks by UTMB Index for these races, but runners are encouraged to sign up before they sell out.
Those with the mental strength, team spirit and adventure required to tackle the demanding 300km/25,000m+ PTL® team race should apply.
Important dates to remember
November 30, 2023. Open charity bib for OCC, CCC, UTMB. Every year, there are charity numbers for runners who want to support a partner organization by giving a donation of at least 2,000 euros, which must be paid directly by the runner or through sponsors that allow them to raise the money. By making a donation, runners can register without having to go through the lottery. The participant who wants to be a solidarity runner must commit to being an ambassador for the cause he supports. Runners must have a valid Index for charity numbers. More information on this link.
December 14, 2023.
– Open pre-registration for OCC, CCC, UTMB
– Enrollment is open for TDS, MCC, ETC, YCC
– Registration for PTL is open
January 11, 2024.
– Closing of pre-registration for OCC, CCC, UTMB
– Registration for PTL is now closed
January 16, 2024.
– Drawing for OCC, CCC, UTMB
– Notification of PTL selection
January 29, 2024.
– Deadline for runners to confirm their registration with OCC, CCC, UTMB
– Second round of the draw if the runners do not confirm their registration
Elite runners: direct classification
Direct qualification criteria have evolved to allow runners to better plan their racing schedule and know (at least 8 months in advance) when they will qualify for races. UTMB World Series Finals. The most important changes affect the qualification period and criteria.
Qualification period. The qualifying period for UTMB World Series Finals lasts the entire calendar year before each Final. In 2024, this means that brokers have from January 1 to 31 from December in 2023 to be eligible.
Direct classification through UTMB World Series and Majors events. The top three male and female runners in each event at UTMB World Series in the 100M, 100K and 50K races automatically qualify for next year’s edition of UTMB World Series Finals in the corresponding category. In the case of UTMB World Series Majors, top 10 in each category there is a direct classification
Classification with UTMB Score. In addition to the top 3 male and female finishers in the events and the top 10 in the Mayorsall runners who obtain a UTMB Score equal to or higher than that mentioned in this table in a test of UTMB World Series in the 50K, 100K or 100M categories, will qualify for the Final in the same category.
Key dates for direct classification
- December 14, 2023
– Elite registration is open for UTMB, CCC, OCC
– Closing of elite registrations for UTMB, CCC, OCC
To see the list of elite runners who have qualified for UTMB 2024 so far, click HERE. For more details on the elite ranking, visit the website HERE.
Opportunities to qualify in 2023
For UTMB World Series Finals 2024regular and elite riders have opportunities to meet the qualifying criteria for the rest of 2023. Regular riders can continue to accumulate Running Rocks and validating their UTMB Index, while elite runners have until the end of the year to qualify directly through a UTMB World Series event or a Major.
With 12 events to be held this year in various locations across Europe, Asia, the US and South America, runners will find a challenge near them. For a full list of events, click HERE.