Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Prince Andrew to be subject of bullying investigation over ’12 complaints’ made by Palace staff

A former royal official has said Prince Andrew should be subject to a bullying investigation over 12 complaints by Buckingham Palace staff over his overbearing and verbally abusive behavior.

Paul Page claims that he personally made three separate complaints to the Palace while serving at the Royal Protection Command from 1998 to 2004.

And speaking to The Sunday Mirror, he can be said to be aware of “at least a dozen” other reports by aides about the Duke of York.

“There is a problem at the palace because there are examples and evidence of Prince Andrew being overbearing and verbally abusive,” he told the newspaper.

A former royal official has said Prince Andrew should be subject to a bullying investigation over 12 complaints by Buckingham Palace staff over his overbearing and verbally abusive behavior. Pictured: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson as seen while driving together on TODAY

Paul Page claims that he personally made three separate complaints about Edneroo while serving at the Royal Protection Command from 1998 to 2004.  Image: Mr Page speaking at the ITV documentary 'Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the pedophile', which aired on Monday.

Paul Page claims that he personally made three separate complaints about Edneroo while serving at the Royal Protection Command from 1998 to 2004. Image: Mr Page speaking at the ITV documentary ‘Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the pedophile’, which aired on Monday.

Mr Page alleged that his complaints were ignored while working for the Palace because senior courtiers wanted to avoid agitation, and called on officials to launch an investigation into the complaints in the same way he did with Meghan Markle Was.

“Buckingham Palace launched a bullying investigation against Meghan last year following allegations of wrongdoing,” Mr Page, whose revelations in an ITV documentary this week sparked a string of complaints about the Duke, said .

‘If this is an impartial organization that takes care of its employees, an investigation should be launched to confirm whether Andrew is guilty of bullying and intimidating employees.’

Earlier this week, Mr Page claimed Andrew had a bed full of ’50 or 60′ toys and that the maids were given a crumpled picture to carefully put each bear back to its original position .

The former constable, who left the Metropolitan Police in 2007, was part of the elite Royal Protection Squad and had access to the Duke of York’s private residence.

He told The Sunday Mirror that Andrew’s bullying was ‘well-known’ at the palace, but there was no investigation by the authorities.

Mr Page claimed Andrew called his colleague a ‘fat lardy-a*** dc***’ when he stopped a woman at the gate who had not been properly invited as a guest. Mr Page says his anger resulted in the woman turning ‘bright red’ and apologizing profusely.

Read Also:  Why is Netflix obsessed with ludicrous psychological thrillers?

His remarks came in an ITV documentary: “Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Pedophile” which aired on Monday.

“It had about 50 or 60 stuffed toys on the bed and basically a card that the inspector showed us in a drawer and it was a picture of all these bears,” he said. ‘The reason for the laminated picture was that if those bears were not put back in the correct order by the maids, it would scream and scream.’

Mr Page’s comments prompted Charlotte Briggs – a former Buckingham Palace maid who worked there in 1996 when Andrew was in his 30s – to come forward with allegations of her own.

Charlotte Briggs began working at Buckingham Palace in 1996 when she was 21, but within six months she was assigned to be Andrew's maid;  A job that 'no one wanted,' he said.  Pictured: Andrew in 1996

Charlotte Briggs began working at Buckingham Palace in 1996 when she was 21, but within six months she was assigned to be Andrew’s maid; A job that ‘no one wanted,’ he said. Pictured: Andrew in 1996

Ms Briggs claimed on Thursday she was ‘left in tears’ because of Andrew’s abuse, and on one occasion faced his wrath over a small gap in her screen.

Speaking to The Sun, Ms Briggs said the prince yelled at her: ‘Can’t you do something right?’ As she ran up and down the stairs to fix the curtains, some of which she was sitting a few yards from.

The 47-year-old mother of two told the newspaper: ‘This man fought for his country in the Falklands, but could not stand to close his curtains.

“It was totally ridiculous but spoke volumes about him,” she said.

Ms Briggs, 47, said she had no regrets for speaking out about the Duke’s ‘demanding and entitled’ abuse, which she claimed left her in tears.

Speaking to MailOnline in Halifax, her hometown of West Yorkshire, she said: ‘I don’t give a toss to Prince Andrew who feels… he’s a terrible, bad guy.’

She said: ‘It’s been over 26 years and I signed[a confidentiality agreement]under the Official Secrets Act.

‘But my husband and I watched TV shows during the week when his teddy bear was mentioned and he said it was a good time to speak about what happened to me.’

The mother of two said she was criticized in her hometown today after news broke on the front page of her disclosure.

Ms. Briggs began working at Buckingham Palace in 1996 when she was 21, but within six months she was assigned to be Andrew's maid;  A job that 'no one wanted,' she said

Ms. Briggs began working at Buckingham Palace in 1996 when she was 21, but within six months she was assigned to be Andrew’s maid; A job that ‘no one wanted,’ she said

Ms Briggs called the Duke of York (pictured right in 2019 with The Queen) 'demanding and entitled'.

Ms Briggs called the Duke of York (pictured right in 2019 with The Queen) ‘demanding and entitled’.

Ms Briggs of Halifax broke her silence for The Sun after Prince Andrew was stripped of his military titles amid a sexual assault lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre in the United States.  The Duke of York strongly denies the allegations

Ms Briggs of Halifax broke her silence for The Sun after Prince Andrew was stripped of his military titles amid a sexual assault lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre in the United States. The Duke of York strongly denies the allegations

‘Someone accused me of cashing in on me when I was in the supermarket, but I have a right to speak about what happened to me, although it was a long time ago.

‘I’m not sorry at all. But I am hurt by some of the comments made against me.

She said that despite the Duke of York’s arrogant attitude towards her, she had never seen or heard of any inappropriate behavior by him.

Prince faces a sexual assault trial and the details of his outbursts of anger are likely to embarrass him as he prepares to take oath against Virginia Giuffre’s claims.

He has accused her of sexually assaulting her when she was 17 – which he vehemently denies.

Simon Wilson, the diplomat who hosted the Duke in Bahrain, had earlier claimed Andrew was “rude” and a “scoundrel” and that he had a “childish obsession”. He was also nicknamed HBH (His Buffoon Highness) by the staff.

Former maid Janet McGowan, 65, has claimed that she was the one who had to examine teddy bears’ Polaroids to make sure they were in perfect condition.

The revelations about the Duke’s wrath could cause even more embarrassment as he prepares testimony against the claims made by Ms Giuffre.

It also comes after the Queen – his mother – stripped him of her royal titles, and as he faces calls to be evicted from the Royal Lodge in Windsor, where he currently lives with his ex-wife Ferguson. is – with whom she was pictured driving on Saturday.

,

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -