There’s a new beta update now for PlayStation 5 that you can download.
At least if you were selected to participate in the beta and received an email invitation.
new beta features
For All is an overview of the new features of the update.
The main focus is on the new option to output HDMI video in 1440p. You can also create game lists in your library to organize your games even better.
Here’s an overview of all the new features:
New gameplay and personalization options
- HDMI 1440p Video Output: The PS5 Beta supports HDMI 1440p video output, allowing gamers to select an additional visual setting on compatible PC monitors and TVs.
- If the game you are playing supports 1440p rendering, you can experience native 1440p output on your display device.
- Or if you play a game with a higher native resolution like B. Playing 4K, you can benefit from better anti-aliasing in the 1440p output via supersampling.
- You can verify that your HDMI device is compatible by selecting “Test 1440p output” under “Display & Video” in System Preferences.
- You can now create game lists in your game library, which will make it even easier to organize your games.
- Go to tab to start [Deine Sammlung] and chooses [Spieleliste erstellen] out. Select the games you want to add to your play list, then decide how you want to name them.
- You can have up to 15 playlists and 100 games per playlist. All games in the Your Collections tab of your game library can be added to the game list, including disc, digital, and streaming titles. You can also add the same game to multiple game lists.
Compare 3D Audio and Stereo Audio
- You can now hear and compare the difference between 3D and stereo audio on the same screen, then choose your preferred setting.
Easy access to ongoing activities
- When a game is resumed, ongoing activities are often prominently displayed at the top of the game menu to make it as easy and quick as possible to pick up where you left off.
- Request Screen Sharing: You can now request party members to initiate screen sharing to see their gameplay. Go to the Voice Chat map, select the party member you want to send the request to, and then select [Bildschirmfreigabe anfragen] out.
- Notification to join a game: When you join a party and a party member plays a game you can join, you will now receive a notification. You can join the game directly from the notification.
- View new friend profiles: When you make friend requests in [Empfangen]list, now you can see your new friend’s profile here [Angenommene Anfragen] performance.
- Send stickers and voice messages to the game base: You can now send stickers and voice messages to your groups in the game base map.