The PS5 is still hard to get – many of you, at least at GamePro, have probably heard or read this sentence multiple times. More than a year and a half after its release, Sony’s latest game console still isn’t quite available to meet demand.
Accordingly, we wanted to know from you in our survey how the general mood for PS5 hunting is now.
Either you have a PS5 or you don’t want to anymore
all together 14,642 votes (as of 26 July) has the vote and paints a much clearer picture:
- yes i finally have a ps5 (48%, 6,975 votes)
- no i left (26%, 3,781 votes)
- no i’m still trying (15%, 2,192 votes)
- No, I Bought Another Console Instead (12%, 1,694 votes)
Almost half of you have now been able to get hold of one of the iconic consoles. Congrats! In the second part, the mood is rather bad. A quarter of you gave up on the search altogether and just didn’t feel like it anymore and about an eighth bought another console without much ado. Only 15% of you bravely continue to pursue the PS5.
If you’re still looking for a PS5, our ticker will help you:
buy ps5 2022
Replenishment and availability ticker
Here are more GamePro surveys for you:
Under the survey, many people still justified their decision. This suggests that even those who give up for the time being may want to keep the PS5 (or a successor model in the form of the Slim or Pro) in their closet. Here are some excerpts:
- metal_marv: “I haven’t given up. However, I’ve gotten carried away with the idea that I absolutely must have a PS5. I’ll keep playing on PS4 until I have one at some point.”
- shallow: “I’ll buy one at some point in the sale, or when Series X launches. So far there are a few games on the wish list that are only available on Playstation. But that’s not enough. I also hope that on a thinner version, Because I find the current console incredibly ugly and don’t know where to put it (due to the dimensions).”
- hamburger snack:”I was able to get my hands on the PS5 online on Sat in May. I found out about the availability of two bundles and they were actually available for a “long” period of a few hours. 🙂 Now I’m Looking forward to the next one God of War and I hope to be able to shoot Ratchet & Clank and Miles Morales again cheaply by then.”
- Frog King: “But I’ve more or less given up now because my pride doesn’t allow me to spend more than 500 euros on it, and I’m slowly starting to ask myself the question? Should I still look for it or Should I wait until a better successor appears (PS5pro maybe)!?”
- xy-maps: “At first I wanted to have one, but since it was too annoying with all the bots I actually gave up. I got myself a Steam deck instead.”
You can read more voices and opinions in the survey article. At this point, of course, our heartfelt thanks to you for your innumerable participation and your comments.