The position of technical director of the Mexican football team is vacant. It seems to me that if we want to be successful for the 2026 World Cup, the person selected needs to be a recognized football expert and a special profile in the psychological aspect apart from proven success.
Based on what we have seen from the coaches in recent World Cups, I dare to suggest some additional elements of the psychological and personal profile of the new Tricolor strategist.
1. A deep knowledge of the Mexican nature: that he knows our history, the inspirations that drive us, the cultural boundaries and, moreover, that he understands how much Trai represents to Mexico and all its loyal fans.
2. Excellent management of press and network: We need someone who is not associated with the press. Whosoever he may be, someone will criticize him. You will get slander, provocations and verbal attacks of all kinds. You need to learn how to decode that negative energy and take perspective so that it doesn’t affect your and the team’s work.
3. Transformational Leadership: Being an excellent technician is not enough. We need a leader who can create goals so that the players can relate to the triangular.
This requires the ability to bring order and renew the rules of the game. that he manages to strengthen the psychological contract of the team, increasing the level of commitment and mystery of all those directly involved with the Mexican National Team.
4. Winning Mindset: Wanting to win or thinking of becoming a champion is not enough, almost everyone has it. In an unconfident Mexico like ours, we need a leader who is able to convince players and support teams to do what they are capable of, who knows how to instill a sense of a winning culture, which Not only on the field, but reflected in many. Aspects of our life and daily preparation.
There is an urgent need for an opinion leader capable of dealing with the limitations that we have been generating throughout Mexico’s football history. A leader who does not attribute failures to our past, but rather takes the responsibility of being a hero to achieve a true change of culture in Mexican football. You need to reshape your profile to be much more than just a coach on the field.
5. Humility and the ability to listen We do not need a single truth-bringing messiah. There is an urgent need for a person with the talent to build on what we already have, making new contributions, but in the process who can derive ideas to create an optimal and unique landscape for Mexico. in which our players can give their best performance..
The challenge is huge and we all know it. If we do not have a leader with all these attributes, we must ensure that a team is put together that can subsidize and support him with these factors which have been a constant limiting factor in our recent World Cup proceedings Huh.
Dear readers, let us also become transformative leaders of our culture. If we want to have a winning soccer team, we must support change in every groove we make to create a Mexico with a different mentality and it shows in our actions every day.
“Reinvent yourself, return to the essence of what makes you successful.”