Thursday, July 7, 2022

Queen Latifah says they are ‘figuring out’ how to deal with Chris Noth’s character

Queen Latifah has revealed she is ‘understood’ about moving forward with Chris Noth’s character even after the actor was fired from The Equalizer following sexual harassment allegations.

Noth, 67, has been starring alongside Latifah, 51, on the CBS crime drama series The Equalizer since 2021, but was dropped last month after allegations against him surfaced.

In an interview with People (TV show!), Latifah said that she wanted ‘justice to triumph’ as ​​they discussed the ‘fragile’ situation.

‘My feeling is justice triumphs’: Queen Latifah reveals they are still ‘finding out’ how to proceed with Chris Noth’s character after actor was fired from The Equalizer following sexual assault allegations Have to rise

‘It’s still real. It is such a delicate, delicate situation that requires a lot of respect,’ the actress said. ‘It’s a personal thing that he has to deal with.’

Speaking about how Noth’s character will be written, she told the site: ‘We’re figuring out what we want to do creatively on the show and how we’re going to deal with that character.’

“Chris’s character is obviously a big part of the show and it was amazing chemistry, amazing chemistry,” he added. ‘And my feeling is that justice has to win regardless. I just want to do the right things, you know?’

Universal Television and CBS announced Noth’s firing last month after news of the sexual assault allegations broke out.

'I just want to do the right things': In an interview with People (TV show!), Latifah called the situation 'surreal' and 'fragile', but said she wants justice to win regardless;  picture 2019

‘I just want to do the right things’: In an interview with People (TV show!), Latifah called the situation ‘surreal’ and ‘fragile’, but said she wants justice to win regardless; picture 2019

“Chris Noth will no longer be airing additional episodes of The Equalizer effective immediately,” the organizations said in a statement.

After the allegations surfaced, Noth was also fired by his agency A3 Artists Agency and edited out of the upcoming Sex And The City reboot.

Not to appear briefly in the series once again in a scene with Carey [Sarah Jessica Parker] TVLine reported earlier this month that Mr. Big, his character in the first episode, had died of a heart attack.

However his character was cut because the creative team decided that the minimum amount of footage he shot was not an essential part of the scene.

The scene led to Carey demanding closure by scattering her ashes in the river, and months later was shot on location in Paris and then New York.

Just before Christmas a fourth woman alleged that Noth forcibly groped her.

Lisa Gentile, 54, claims she was ‘sexually abused’ by the actor in 2002 after she frequented Da Marino’s restaurant in Manhattan, where she met Noth and the two became acquainted.

One night, she said in a statement, Noth went to her apartment because he said he wanted to see where she lived, but once he was up, she said, he began kissing her and forcibly against her. pulled.

Allegations: Another two women using the pseudonyms Zoe, now 40 and Lily, now 31, told The Hollywood Reporter in a story published on December 16 that the actor raped them;  picture December 2021

Allegations: Another two women using the pseudonyms Zoe, now 40 and Lily, now 31, told The Hollywood Reporter in a story published on December 16 that the actor raped them; picture December 2021

Then he squeezed her breasts, he said, before slipping her hands under his shirt.

“I kept pushing his hands down while he was pushing me up… I was trying to stop him,” she said in a statement Thursday, claiming she pulled his hand toward his penis .

She said that she was finally able to push him, after which, the Gentiles claim that Noth went mad and began to ‘tease’ and call him ‘b****.

The next day, she said, Noth called his friend’s phone and warned him that he would be blacklisted in the industry if he told anyone else what happened.

His lawyer, Gloria Allred, claims the experience was ‘traumatic’ for the Gentiles, noting: ‘It has had a very serious emotional impact on him.’

Removed: Nothing left by his agency A3 Artists Agency after allegations surfaced and edited from the upcoming Sex And The City reboot

Removed: Nothing left by his agency A3 Artists Agency after allegations surfaced and edited from the upcoming Sex And The City reboot

One of the other women claimed that the actor groped her while she was working as a hostess and lounge singer at the Midtown Manhattan restaurant Da Marino in 2010. She was 18 at the time and Noth was 55.

He claimed that he was constantly intoxicated at the restaurant and repeatedly dragged her on his lap while groping and ‘pressing me on my erection.’

Read Also:  MAFS Australia: Viewers blow Mitch Eynaud out for breaking Ella Ding's heart

Another two women, using the pseudonyms Zoe, now 40, and Lily, now 31, told The Hollywood Reporter in a story published on December 16 that the actor raped them.

In the report, both of those accusers claimed that Nath had sex with her from behind while one was standing in front of a mirror, the first assault reportedly took place in 2004, while the second reportedly took place in 2015, Three years after Noth married his wife, Tara Wilson, with whom he has two children.

Both women also alleged that the attacks took place at one of Noth’s homes—the first at his Los Angeles apartment and the second at a New York City property—after the actor had invited them over.

Both women claim that the recent hype surrounding Sex and the City in the reboot — and Just Like That — “shakened painful memories” of their encounters with Noth, who has been heavily in the news in the past week as a result of his shock death. Featured was his character in the first episode of the new series, Mr. Big.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Noth acknowledged that he had a ‘consensual encounter’ with two women in the Hollywood Reporter story, both reportedly while he was in a relationship with his wife, Tara Wilson, But he vehemently denied the allegation that he assaulted her.

“The allegations against me by people I met years, even decades ago, are clearly false,” the statement said.

‘These stories could have been 30 years ago or 30 days ago – doesn’t always mean no – that’s a line I didn’t cross. The meetings were consensual.

‘It’s hard not to question the timing of when these stories came out. I don’t know for sure why they are coming out now, but I do know this: I didn’t attack these women.’

On December 20, after the allegations became public, stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis made a joint statement in support of the women.

‘We support women who have come forward and shared their traumatic experiences. We know this will be a very difficult task to do and we appreciate them for that.

On December 20, after the allegations became public, stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis made a joint statement in support of the women.

On December 20, after the allegations became public, stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis made a joint statement in support of the women.

,

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -