Known as one of the many services available to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning (Minvu). Apartment leasing It is characterized by supporting people who can pay their rent but do not have the opportunity to generate enough savings to apply for grants to access their own apartment.
Specifically, a rental agreement allows people the option to purchase the home they are currently renting through promise to sell the property.
Go to the next note
To qualify for the Minvu benefit, it is necessary that the applicant or his or her spouse meet certain requirements, such as being the holder of a home rental savings account with purchase and sale promises.
The program allows you to opt for new or used homes until 2,000 and 2,200 UF in the extreme northern and southern regions (Arica and Parinacota regions, Antofagasta, Atacama, Aysén, Magallanes, Chiloé province) they indicate on the Minvu website.
What are the requirements?
According to the Minvu website, The general requirements for applying are:
- Be of legal age.
- Be registered in the unified register of registrants of SERVIU. The interested party may not have more than one entry in the register.
- Not a homeowner (applicant and spouse).
- You have not previously received housing or housing benefit from the state or local authorities (applicant and spouse).
- Be the owner of a savings account for rental apartments with promises to buy and sell (“Apartment Rental Savings Account”), the applicant or the spouse.
- You must not have concluded more than one rental agreement with a promise to sell with one or more real estate companies (applicant or spouse).
- Both spouses cannot register separately.
How can i apply?
Chile Atiende reported that to apply for this benefit you can go to a Serviu office (check which ones they are here) or to the Minvu office (located at Serrano 23, Santiago) from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m ) must leave at 1:30 p.m.
There you must provide the following information:
- Identity cards of the applicant and spouse (original and photocopy).
- Savings account certificate for leasing, from financial institutions or compensation funds.
After verifying that the applicant does not own property or any other current subsidy, this will be the case will be added to the unified register of registrants.
As a result of the process, you have applied for funding and will receive a letter listing the application corresponding to the funding. Apartment leasing. With this document, the person must contact the financial institution, compensation fund or real estate agency where the lending and sale of the property will be carried out.
The real estate agencies where the rental agreement with obligation to purchase is concluded must comply with Law 19.281.
For the beneficiaries, the financing of the apartment comes from the subsidy and the part of the monthly payment that the tenant provides for it, plus any contributions that the interested party can make.
As soon as the promised sales price is reached, the Purchase and sale agreement with which the property is handed over to the promising landlord-buyer.