After the playground is completely renovated (improving the drainage system and conversion to hybrid turf -5% artificial and 95% natural-), River Plate decided to take a new step, seeing the need to modernize and expand the capacity of Memorial Stadium, Which would become the venue for the largest-capacity soccer club in all of South America: 81,000 spectators.
The Antonio Vespuccio Liberty will be the first sports venue in the country with four trays, as a result of the construction of a new ring in the area where the athletics track used to be. This decision will also bring the public closer to the main characters.
Although most of the attention in this first phase of improvements, which will cost an estimated $20 million, will be credited to the construction of the four lower grandstands (Sivori, Centenario and San Martín – three of Belgrano), the next phase, as the River Plate Institute moves earlier. should be done-) One of the “Vedet” is the unique tunnel that will be near the monument.
In the last hours, the Nez club released a video via their social network in which they provide details on progress in the construction of this space within the stadium. “A Tunnel to the Future”was the phrase used by the institution.
Contrary to what is currently happening in Antonio Vespuccio Liberty, Through this venue both teams and the referee will jump onto the field of play, Because all the changing rooms will end in this tunnel.
The Millionaire explained that the space will have a floor covered with synthetic grass and walls with LED screens. In addition, they announced that fans located in the paddock would have the privilege of departing teams.
Now earlier, River Plate also warned about other progress in improvements inside the stadium. “Working day and night in the future Mass Memorial”, he explained. Another innovation is that the first concrete dump was done on Lower Low Sivori, adding to the new advances in various areas of the area.
Description of tasks:
– New lower lower grandstands in the Sevori, San Martín and Centenario sectors.
– Replacement of seats: removal of existing seats in the lower, upper, middle and hospitality stands of San Martin, waterproofing, new circulation and placement of new first class retractable seats, quality in accordance with FIFA standards; Belgrano low top, middle, and hospitality boxes; Media centenarians and boxes. A total of 17,157 new seats will be completed for this phase.
-There will be new desks in the Belgrano Grandstand (247 seats) in the center of the press sector.
-30 boxes in Centenario Media and a 700 square meter restaurant with views of the neighborhood and playground of the river, with new circulation and coverings.
-New circulation and covering in boxes at the Belgrano Grandstand.
-New garages: new parking level and pedestrian access to the stadium on the ground floor. 227 garages will be added.
– Enlargement of the paddock San Martin, as it will go from 200 to 500 square meters.
– New referee changing rooms.
New anti-doping control zone.
– Expansion of the gastronomic sector in San Martín Media
-New audio system in the stadium.
-New Medical Department on the ground floor of Centenario Grandstand.
-New Lower Belgrano Grandstand.
– replacement and waterproofing of the seats in the lower Belgrano lower stand; Sivori Media & Box; San Martin, Belgrano, Centenario and Sivori High. A total of 40,565 seats will be replaced, making the entire stadium complete.
Construction of 46 boxes at Sivori Grandstand.
-Execution of two more parking levels. This way, with connections at the box level, there will be 402 new garages, completing five parking levels and a new pedestrian bridge on the upper level. Its final capacity will be 1,141 cars.
-New mixed area on the ground floor of the Belgrano Grandstand.
New River Institute.