The number of travelers during Thanksgiving is expected to be close to pre-pandemic levels, but health officials are urging people to take precautions as the risk of coronavirus transmission is still possible, especially for those who are not vaccinated.
Los Angeles County Health Director Barbara Ferrer on Thursday reminded residents to “manage [their] With great emphasis on Thanksgiving ”to prevent an increase in the number of cases.
“We’re going to take some basic precautions to make sure that the activities we do on Thanksgiving don’t cause us to have a really bad time during the winter break because people are hospitalized, really sick, quarantined, or in the hospital. isolation, ”she said.
Here are some Thanksgiving safety tips from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
Travel by air
- Postpone your trip until you are fully vaccinated.
- Check the COVID-19 situation at your destination before traveling. State, local and territorial governments may have travel restrictions.
- Wearing a nose and mouth mask is required in public transport areas (including airplanes) and at US transportation hubs (including airports).
- Do not travel if you are infected with coronavirus, get sick, or test positive.
- If you are not fully vaccinated and need to travel, get tested before and after you travel.
- Closed rooms with poor air circulation.
- Crowded places with many people from different households.
- Close contact settings, especially when people are talking or laughing close to each other.
- If you are sick, have symptoms, or test positive for COVID-19, stay away from others.
- Get tested for COVID-19 before joining others.
- Wear face masks when going indoors with people outside your family, except for food and drink. Bring a mask outside if the meeting is crowded, especially among unvaccinated people or people at increased risk of serious illness.
- Keep your distance while eating unless everyone is fully vaccinated. Set up tables so that people sit with others in the same household where possible, and provide distance between non-household members of the household.
- Keep your hands clean.