a man faced heart attack, However, an Indian health official helped him by performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation, ie. rcp, The said act saved his life, although some questions were raised on the skill of the way in which he saved him. patient,
Users criticized the health officer
In it videorecently uploaded Twittercausing widespread debate among network user because it shows how a doctor, health officer Indiarevives a patient, who is apparently suffering from a heart attack,
It can be seen in the recording how the health secretary ChandigarhIndia helps a man hospital a technique demonstration cardiopulmonary resuscitation (RCP), was heavily criticized for the way it was built.
The video, which has already gone viral, shows the health official, Yash Pal GargTo apply rcp for a man who looks alert all the time and who keeps sedentary,
The officer repeatedly presses the patient’s chest until the patient himself with one hand tells him to stop and then, have a drink in front of the gaze of several men who ask her if she is all right.
This was not well received by experts in the field who, via Twitter, criticized the way the doctor had acted and questioned the heart attack the man might have suffered.
You May Also Read: Save Your Life: Learn Cardiopulmonary Rehab With Snapchat Filters
“You probably meant well, but this is absolutely the wrong way to give CPR. CPR is almost never given to a conscious patient,” said the user. @Jasonphilip8 who identifies on twitter doctor,
- the figure: To perform CPR technique, the patient has to be kept lying on a surface.
We Recommend: Do You Know How to Give CPR? first aid that saves lives
For his part, the user @urgencysemergewho identified on Twitter as a nurse, called CPR the “world’s worst CPR” and listed three steps in the event of cardiac arrest:
- Signs of cardiac arrest: Unresponsive and not breathing.
- Call emergency numbers and ask for a defibrillator.
- Chest contraction. Fast and strong on firm ground.
You might be interested in: Hugging is good for health, lack of it causes changes in metabolism: UNAM
Indian health official responds to criticism
Criticism of the health expert intensified over the weekend, so the man involved, Yashpal Garg, had to come out and admit it i missed cpr,
The officer explained on his social network that after performing CPR he “could not sleep” because the person “came into his mind” and admitted that the technique could have been better, “by laying it on a flat surface.”
Assuring that CPR saves many lives, “especially when nearly 70% of cardiac arrests occur at home and workplace,” the official shared a video showing the right way to do it And in which it is actually seen that the way in which he did it was totally wrong.
Steps to Do the CPR Technique Correctly
- Before starting, check that The environment is safe and stable,
- Check to see if the person is responsive, pat them on the shoulder, and ask them out loud if they’re okay.
- If he is not breathing or unresponsive, call emergency services immediately (911).
- keep the person encounter on a flat, firm surface.
- to request chest compressions (As seen in the video shared by Hindu Adhikari): Keeping the palm of one hand on the middle of the chest and the other hand on top, push fast and hard.