Health authorities of Minas Gerais, Brazil They are registered until September 25 387,407 cases possible cases (notified cases, except those disposed of) of dengue. In total, 282,591 cases have been confirmed. There are 176 confirmed dengue deaths in the state and 77 deaths under investigation.
on chikungunya They registered 87,938 cases possible cases of the disease, of which 68,148 have been confirmed. Currently, 38 deaths due to chikungunya have been confirmed in Minas Gerais and 19 are under investigation.
Zika: so far they have registered 130 cases probably. There are 25 confirmed cases of the disease and so far no one has died from Zika in Minas Gerais.
Local risks Brazil
More information about dengue in Brazil
- It is the country in the world with the highest number of cases.
- Between 2000 and 2013, more than 7 million cases.
- 4 serotypes of the disease are circulating in the country.
- Status report:
- 2023. May Reintroduction of serotype 3; April Minas Gerais, January Campos dos Goytacazes.
- 2022.1,450,270 probable cases and 1016 deaths. December 980 deaths, September 1.3 million cases, August Paraná, June more than 1 million cases, June , March Brazil, March Araxá, March São José do Rio Preto, February Minas Gerais,
- 2021. 239 died. Julio Santos, June (Sao Paulo), May (Parana),
- 2020… December, May Sao Paulo
- 2019. 1.7 million sickened and 754 died; November, Minas Gerais
- 2015. 986 died
- 2014. 600,000 cases, 400 deaths.
- 2013. 1.4 million dengue cases and 600 deaths.
More information about the Zika virus in Brazil
- The presence of the virus was first reported in Brazil in May 2015.
- Status report: