A woman who underwent a cosmetic procedure at a Las Condes clinic that was treating patients despite its closure suffered severe brain damage.
This is the so-called Los Dominicos Clinic, which previously had other names and where Arlene Arias lost her life. The “medical” center also adds a second death, six summaries and other complaints.
This new case, revealed in a T13 report, concerns Nataly, a mother of two who had half of her brain “turned off.”
Francisca, 22, Nataly’s daughter, has had to look after the house and her younger brother since March 17, the day her mother underwent breast implantation.
“He had told us he wanted to add breasts. We told him: ‘Why, don’t do it.’ And this year, during the summer holidays, he told us again that he would do it,” said the young woman.
Regarding what happened on that tragic day, Francisca explained: “I arrived from work at 8 p.m. and she wasn’t there yet.” It was later confirmed that at that time his mother was already in cardiac arrest and one had suffered a perforation in his right lung.
For his part, the family’s lawyer, Gerardo Bala, told the aforementioned media: “From the medical records of the clinic where the operation was carried out, it appears that the cardiac arrest occurred at 5:00 p.m. So when you call and ask for information, they already knew. This information is hidden and not transmitted. And you don’t know until they get to the clinic.”
Since there was no intensive care unit or ambulance at the clinic, Nataly was only referred to a medical center on Avenida Vivaceta around 10 p.m. Today the woman continues to recover at the Los Coihues clinic. A shocking report details his first words after several months of ordeal.
Arlene Arias case
The 42-year-old woman who lost her life in December 2022 at the Los Dominicos de Las Condes aesthetic clinic, where she underwent a tummy tuck, has been identified as Arlene Arias.
The Commissioner of the Metropolitan Homicide Brigade, Pía Molina Garrido, explained that at the scene “a 42-year-old patient was undergoing cosmetic surgery who died as a result of unrecovered cardiorespiratory arrest.”
While the investigation was ongoing, the metropolitan region’s Seremi de Salud issued a ban on operations, which apparently was never implemented.
The head of the health department of SEREMI de Salud, Alejandra Hernández, assured T13 that “this ban on operations is still in force.” It was issued at the time but is still in force. The ban allows entry of teachers, people who need to repair the facilities. Do not perform surgery for any reason.”