Mexico City Metro has already resumed service in the section between Barranca del Muerto and San Pedro de los Pinos stations.
“All stations on Line 7 are open. Train movement is continuous”, the system published on its Twitter account.
Before that (and with everything else and the National Guard), Metro suffered another incident that left passengers this time ejected. a suspected short circuit,
This time it was Line 7, specifically at the station dead man canyon where the users had to be taken out due to the smoke screen.
Se registra cortocircuito en la estación Barranca del Muerto.
El @MetroCDMX indica que se realizó un corte de corriente en la Línea 7 para revisar vías. El servicio va de El Rosario a Tacubaya. No hay servicio de San Pedro de los Pinos a Barranca del Muerto. pic.twitter.com/PmSHqAwCXL
— PipolMéxico (@PipolMexico) January 23, 2023
Metro told that there has been a power cut, so There is no service from San Pedro de los Pinos to Barranca del Muerto. For now, the line only provides transportation from El Rosario to Tacubaya.
“System crews are working to restore circulation to all Line 7 stations as soon as possible,” he posted on his Twitter account.
what happened on line 7?
The people present in the wagons were informed about the hearing. a blast after which a thick curtain of smoke rose, reported tv hole,
Pictures showed several people being treated for poisoning by medical personnel. According to Metro, 20 people were or are being treated for the problem.
Later, the Secretariat for Comprehensive Risk Management and Civil Defense reported that a total of 30 people had been treated for smoke inhalation.
As a precaution, 18 of them were transferred to the San Ángel Inn hospital, the agency said. None of these are serious.
“The relevant incident area turned its attention to the situation to investigate the origin of the incident. Metro’s legal field personnel notified the Attorney General’s Office to conduct a related investigation,” added the transportation system in a statement.
lia limon The mayor of Álvaro Obregón said in an interview with the media that 24 people were affected by the smoke, three of them “seriously”.
“Not even the National Guard can escape the lack of maintenance of the subway,” he criticized.