The colon, also called the large intestine, is part of the digestive system and the longest part of the large intestine. Its functions are to remove water, certain nutrients and electrolytes from partially digested food.
Too, It is responsible for the food being eaten to be converted into smaller molecules of nutrients. So that the blood can absorb them and carry them to the cells of the whole organism.
The remaining material that is not processed by the colon and is of a solid consistency becomes feces, moves through the colon, accumulates in the rectum and leaves the body in the process of defecation.
There are several disorders that can affect the ability of the colon to to work properly. The United States National Library of Medicine, through its information service Medline Plus, lists some of them:
- Colon Polyps: Although most polyps are harmless, if not treated properly, they can turn into cancer.
- Sensitive bowel disease: This condition is usually characterized by abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, cramps and sometimes, depending on focus medicagases.
- colorectal cancer: The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) assures that this type of cancer is the fourth most common in America. The region reports more than 240,000 new cases each year and causes about 112,000 deaths due to the disease.
In this context, care and cleaning of the colon is important, as there are different pathologies that can be avoided or treated with timely action. However, a doctor should be consulted before resorting to any method that carries out this procedure.
One of the ways a doctor can be asked to clean this organ is to use prunes.Then, according to the special magazine Uncomo, published through portal mundodeportivoThis fruit has the following properties that help in this purpose:
- Vasodilators: The flavonoids present in this fruit promote proper blood flow throughout the body, which promotes the elimination of toxins.
- Laxative: One of the benefits attributed to the jujube is that it helps fight constipation, thanks to its contribution to water, fiber and sorbitol, as this combination causes a laxative effect that helps control intestinal transit. helps.
- Diuretics: It helps prevent fluid retention and eliminate waste or toxins accumulated in the body.
- Strengthens the immune system: This property is thanks to the fact that its compounds contain large amounts of vitamin C, which helps to protect the body and, as a result, less bacteria will accumulate in the areas around the colon.
According to the portal, it is possible to take advantage of the mentioned properties of prunes on the colon. Salad180, Prepare some juices that contain them as the main ingredient:
Pear and Plum Juice
material: Half a sliced pear, four prunes and a cup of water.
1. Soak the plums overnight and remove the bone they have the next day.
2. Put all the ingredients in the blender. It is not necessary to remove the pear skin.
3. Do the process until everything is properly integrated.
4. Serve and eat empty stomach.
Papaya and Prune Juice
material: Half a cup of papaya, four prunes, a tablespoon of oatmeal and a cup of water or almond milk.
1. The night before, soak the plums. The next day, remove the hearts from them.
2. Put all the ingredients in the blender, making sure there is no peel in the papaya.
3. Process until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
4. Serve and consume preferably on an empty stomach.