PGU changed the targeting requirement in April, see details in the following note.
The Universal Guaranteed Pension replaces the former Solidarity pillar and is distributed to people over the age of 65 who meet the rest of the requirements. Recall that the targeting requirement changed in April, which is why some beneficiaries stopped receiving contributions.
So you can know PGU Payment Date in May
The Universal Guaranteed Pension payment date varies from beneficiary to beneficiary. If you would like to know on which day you will receive your contribution this month, enter your RUT here.
How to apply in PGU?
- To apply online you must enter www.chileatiande.cl or www.ips.gob.cl with your RUT and unique password.
- Another option is to visit Chile Atiende or IPS branches in person.
- Complete the process at the respective municipality.
- or through your AFP or insurance companies (if you belong to these entities).
Following are the requirements to apply for PGU:
- As of April 1, 2023, the following are the requirements to access PGU:
- Are 65 years of age or older.
- Don’t integrate the richest 10% of the population.
- Proof of residence in the territory of the Republic of Chile in these two cases:
– A period of not less than 20 continuous or continuous years since the applicant has attained the age of 20 years.
– A period of residence of at least four years in the previous five years immediately preceding the date of application submission to qualify for PGU benefits.
- whose base pension is less than $1,114,446 (the amount of the higher pension) as determined by the PGU Self-Funded Reference Pension (PAFE).
Who benefits from PGU Short Law?
From Chile Atinde they inform that the following people are benefited:
“They enter as new PGU beneficiaries, all those who were left out of the targeting criteria of the richest 10% of the population aged 65 or over, which has now been revised to 10% of the country’s total.
Thus, almost half of the applications rejected between August 2022 and March 2023 due to the above criteria will be approved by April 2023 thanks to PGU’s minor law.
In any case, if you have any doubts about whether your benefits have been provided, you may request a new PGU.”