Travel is expensive most of the time and even more so during global inflation stemming from the pandemic and the Ukraine war. But there are ways to travel cheaper by doing things differently, doing better research, and/or booking one. Here are some ideas for you.
- Find the cheapest time to go out It has become more difficult now that many works from home and you can technically travel while telecommuting, but usually, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the cheapest days to buy flights on all Internet sales platforms.
- Avoid Checking Luggage When Possible Due to the worldwide strike at airports, traveling with a lot of baggage can be difficult. Avoid losing your luggage or standing in line for hours to check your luggage. Travel light, with just one suitcase.
- Try not to cover so many places: Is it really necessary to plan a trip to three continents, multiple flights and multiple hotels? This will increase the stress, and processes of being able to travel through the EU due to travel restrictions due to COVID-19, especially if you travel from the Latin American continent or Asia. Stick to one country or one region. Avoid visiting more than three countries on a single trip.
- Don’t be afraid of scales: We all want to find direct and cheap flights, but the reality is that it is the most expensive option. If you travel from Latin America to Europe, it’s best to find a stopover via the United States (New York, Atlanta, Miami); or one for Canada (Toronto, Montreal); Or a stop in Central America like Panama. The cost of flying has come down significantly.
- Reserve in advance: It is always better to book in advance for everything. This advice is not only for you to find cheap flights and accommodation, but also to achieve Find a place if you plan to travel during the holiday season (whether on flights, hotels, or tours). This is useful so that you can plan your trip exactly and don’t have to change your itinerary.
- There are different payment methods available: It’s almost always worth paying with a credit or debit card, as any fees you want to clear with your bank can be made. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash, as there may be a loss of that money, And withdrawing money from ATM is very expensive due to currency exchange. If you lose a card, consider bringing more than one card with you.