Councilor for Social Welfare of the Torrevieja City Council, Inmaculada Montesinos, has informed of the training sessions to be held from May 22 to June 26, both in person and online. Some of the activities aimed at providing municipal employees and local associations, especially those working in the social sector, with resources, tools and knowledge:
- Include the principle of equal opportunities between women and men in general and in particular those groups and institutions that carry out social functions aimed at citizens.
- Learn to recognize the factors that decisively influence a variety of situations, such as:
Direct or indirect discrimination faced by all women due to structural social inequality (labour, cultural, sports, social, health, urban, etc.).
- Situations that include the reality and needs of women in situations of abuse by their partners or ex-partners as well as their daughters and sons.
- Situations that include the reality and needs of women as well as their daughters and sons in situations of particular vulnerability (women with prostitution, mental health problems, addictions, etc.).
- Avoid the reproduction of gender stereotypes associated with the attention and care tasks of the most vulnerable areas.
- Introduce a gender perspective in all these projects.
- Introduce gender perspective in all projects in general as an important aspect while applying for subsidies and grants.
The methodology that will be carried out will be two face-to-face sessions: May 22 and June 26, from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm, at the Virgen del Carmen Cultural Center, which will be the opening session and the closing session of the courses.
Remaining sessions will be taught online: May 30, June 13 and June 20 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM, which will include:
- principle of balanced presence
- affirmative action
- Gender Mainstreaming (including calls for general subsidies)
- Co-responsibility: Sharing in the private sector is a key issue for equality policies.
- attainment of evaluable practical exercises
- forum participation
- Personalized tutorials between students and teaching staff via email on the Moodle platform.
- Session development.
- Group dynamics: The design of local social action projects.