Monday, September 26, 2022

Son puts E-Scooter on charging at 12.30 pm, father dies in blast at 4 am

Today has once again started with the failure of Electric Vehicles. An 80-year-old man died of EV in Nizamabad city of Telangana, according to a TOI report. In fact, the battery of their PureEV electric scooter exploded due to being charged all night. Explain that this is the fifth case of PureEV’s battery rupture.

File a case against PureEV’s company
According to TOI report, the deceased has been identified as B Ramaswamy of Subhashnagar, Nizamabad city. According to police, Ramaswamy’s son B Prakash owns an electric two-wheeler. The local police have registered a case against the PureEV manufacturing company under Section 304-A of the IPC.

The battery exploded in 3.30 hours of charging
Prakash had put this electric scooter on charging at 12.30 pm. After which it exploded at 4 in the morning. That is, the battery exploded in 3.30 hours. This caused a fire in the scooter. Many members of the family were also injured while trying to put out the fire. All the injured have been admitted to Nizamabad III Town Hospital. Meanwhile, Ramaswamy was taken to Hyderabad for treatment, but he died on the way.

5 cases of fire in electric two-wheeler

1. The first case of fire in EV came to light on March 26. At that time, a blue OLA S1 Pro electric scooter parked on the side of the road in Pune caught fire. The video of fire and smoke emanating from the scooter’s battery compartment went viral.

2. On March 26, an Okinawa electric scooter caught fire in Vellore, Tamil Nadu. Two scooter riders were killed in the incident. It had a father and another son.

3. On March 28, a fire broke out in an electric scooter of PureEV in Chennai. A new phenomenon has emerged today. In the last seven months, 5 cases of fire in PureEV scooter have come to light.

4. On April 11, several scooters of Jitendra Electric caught fire in Nashik. They were being transported from one place to another in the truck. The government has also ordered an inquiry into the matter.

5. On April 18, a dealership agency in Okinawa in Tamil Nadu was reduced to ashes. Sources involved in the case said that the fire first broke out in a scooter after which the fire spread. The company has also recalled 3,215 units in the past few days.

Expert explained the reason for the blast in the EV’s battery

Live Hindustan spoke to YouTuber Auto Expert Amit Khare (Ask Karguru) about the EV’s battery fire incidents. He explained 5 reasons why a battery used in an electric vehicle catches fire or explodes. Also, gave the necessary tips on how to avoid it.

1. Melting of plastic cabinet: All batteries used in EVs come with plastic cabinets. In this case, when they are hot, they melt the plastic. At the same time, the circuits attached to it also start melting. This increases the risk of fire rapidly. Even though the batteries are fully packed, it still discharges heat. When the battery is hot, the discharge of this heat starts increasing rapidly.

Heat sink reduction: Most batteries are lithium ion based. Lithium ions give off more heat. In this case, the top cover of the shell should be stronger. It should use heat sink, but battery operators are not using it right now. The main reason for this is that the battery is swapable. These batteries are transported from one place to another. In this case, if the heat sink in the battery is increased then its weight will also increase. This may cause some problems in lifting it. That is why it has been deliberately kept light.

3. Current to short circuit: The biggest cause of fire in the charging station is short circuit. This current is so heavy that if the joint of the battery is not tight then the possibility of short circuit in it increases. The two-wheeler uses a charger up to 7kw. It has about 5 to 7 times more current than the air conditioner used in the house. So many times due to such a powerful charger there is a risk of short circuit in the battery. Our technicians are not ready to handle so much current.

4. Warming the battery by temperature: The temperature in the country is rising rapidly these days. This is also causing the problem of fire in the vehicles. In an electric two-wheeler, the battery is used under the seat. In this case, when the car is parked in the sun, its body temperature becomes 70 degrees or more. The lower part of the seat is air tight so its temperature becomes the same. When we start the car it takes more power of the motor to move it forward. This raises the temperature even more. This is why the car starts smelling and sometimes the heat causes the battery to catch fire.

5. Manufactured by Chinese manufacturer: Most of the battery makers are Chinese and Taiwanese. Due to the weight and low cost of the battery, the heat sink is not used well in it. The cooling of the battery has not been done well yet. Due to this negligence, fires are happening in the battery of the car. On the other hand, cars also use heat sinks and coolants with more kilowatt batteries. This keeps the car battery cool.

Here are 6 things to keep in mind when using an electric two-wheeler

1. Charge the two-wheeler battery to a place in the house which is the outer area. Do not place it on a cloth or wooden surface.

2. Do not leave the battery on charging overnight. Charge while you are awake. Turn off charging while sleeping.

3. Avoid charging if the e-vehicle gets soaked in water. Apply it on charging even after it dries and cleans well.

4. Do not ignore the slightest smell while driving. Stop the car immediately and open the seat first. So that the heat inside is expelled.

5. Also avoid taking a Chinese manufacturer’s vehicle. Instead go to the cars that are being made in our factory here.

6. Keep car insurance up-to-date. Try to renew it a week in advance if it is about to expire.

.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -