Technology has developed new dilemmas. And which one is already becoming a classic, Apple Music or Spotify? Both the streaming services are very popular and this is one of the factors in deciding whether to use one or the other. In this post we are going to Here’s a review of the prices on both services, and what’s behind each subscription plan, Because it’s not just about the price. It’s about what you can do with what you’re paying.
Same value with different conditions
Apple Music and Spotify start from two positions that are completely different. And this is reflected in the subscription plans and what we get in return. But beyond the operation of both platforms, music recommendations and user experience, the price is determined by other very important factors. One of them is account sharing.
Sharing is alive, and Apple Music and Spotify allow account sharing. However, in the case of Spotify, we’ll need one important requirement: All under one roof (literally). If with Apple Music we can share our subscription with up to six people, Spotify allows this but using accommodation restrictions as a required element. Thus, the following are the Spotify subscription plans:
- Personal: 9.99 Euro per month. Allows simultaneous playback.
- Duo: 12.99 Euro per month. This allows for two simultaneous reproductions within the same verified address.
- Family: 15.99 Euro per month. This allows up to six simultaneous reproductions within a single verified address.
- Student: 4.99 Euro per month. Allows simultaneous playback.
Duo and Family plans require all members to verify home address and connection locations will be reviewed to ensure we are not being cheated so we can continue to use the service. Even then, Spotify has something that Apple doesn’t: a free usage plan. This option, although it has its own limitations, such as ads, not being able to perform certain actions on devices, or not being able to download our music, allows us to access the entire music catalog without paying anything, I don’t want to if we don’t.
For its part, Apple is more restrictive on the issue. Since we will be able to enjoy Apple Music only after starting the subscription. Although they do offer free months as a promotion from time to time, there is no free plan to use the service. however, We do not need to share the address With the people with whom we share the account. Thus, the Apple Music subscription plans are as follows:
- Voice: 4.99 euros al mes. The focus shifted to being used with Siri or via the HomePod. We don’t have access to the interface, playlists or being able to save our music or download it.
- Student: 5.99 Euro per month. Allows simultaneous playback of singles.
- Personal: 10.99 Euro per month. Allows simultaneous playback of singles.
- Family: 16.99 Euro per month. This allows up to six simultaneous reproductions without the need to verify connection locations or addresses.
As you can see, Apple Music’s prices are slightly higher than Spotify’s. But in return we have the possibility to share accounts with people who do not live with us. And thus, significantly reduce the cost of the subscription. The restrictions and limitations of one are the advantages of the other.