The St. Louis Cardinals (14-10) will visit the San Francisco Giants (14-11), Friday, at 10:15 p.m. ET, with the Giants on a four-game losing streak.
The Cardinals are pitched as a close favorite (-112 for winning at the moneyline) against the Giants (-107). The Cardinals will open Jordan Hicks (1-2) versus the Giants and Alex Cobb (1-1).
Yesterday, the Cardinals claimed a 7–1 win over the Giants, with Miles Mikolas (5.2 IP, 1R, 7H, 3K) scoring the win for the Cardinals. Tommy Edman finished 3-for-5 with a double and three RBIs to lead the offensive. Jack Little (2.0 IP, 1R, 2H, 3K) took the loss for the Giants.
Before the Cardinals vs. Giants matchup, here’s everything you need to prepare for Friday’s baseball action.
St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Francisco Giants Odds and Betting Lines
Courtesy of Major League Baseball Odds Tipico Sportsbook, Odds updated on Friday at 5:05AM ET. For a complete list of sports betting odds, access the USA Today Sports Betting Scores odds hub.
- Favorite: Cardinals (-112, bet $112 to win $100)
- a person or group of low caliber: Giants (-107, bet $107 to win $100)
- over under: 7
Deposit $10, get $200 instantly: Take action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA Today Network Offers: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credits instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Cardinals Stats & Trends
Cardinals Betting Records
- The Cardinals have been favorites in 14 games this season and have won nine (64.3%) of those competitions.
- St. Louis has entered 14 games this season with a side of -112 or more and is 9-5 in those competitions.
- The Cardinals have a 52.8% chance of winning the game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- St. Louis games have exceeded his total in 12 of his 24 appearances.
- The Cardinals are 13-11-0 against the spread this season.
Jordan Hicks (Cardinals potential starter)
- The Cardinals will send Hicks (1-2) to the mound for their fourth start this season.
- The right-handed batsman conceded two earned runs and allowed two hits in 3 1/3 innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday.
- The 25-year-old has an era of 3.65 and 9.5 strikeouts in every nine innings, with a batting average of .171 in five matches this season.
- The Giants are ranked 11th in MLB this season with 112 runs. He has a batting average of .236 in this campaign with 25 home runs (12th in the league).
Cardinals Batting Stats
- The Cardinals have hit 20 homers this season, ranking 21st in the league.
- Hitters for the Cardinals combine for the 21st-ranked team in the majors with a .354 team slugging percentage.
- St. Louis’ batting average this season is .229, ranking 17th among MLB teams.
- The Cardinals have scored 98 runs (4.1 per game) this season, ranking 21st in MLB.
- St. Louis is ranked 17th in MLB this season (.305).
- The Cardinals rank third in MLB with an average of 6.9 whiffs per contest in strikeouts per game.
Legendary stats and trends
Giants Betting Records
- The Giants have been underdogs in eight matches this season and have won those competitions twice (25%).
- This season, San Francisco has come up with one win on seven occasions when it has been named as the underdog of at least -107 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers implied that the Giants have a 51.7% chance of winning, with the moneyline set for this matchup.
- San Francisco and their opponents have hit overs in 12 of their 26 matches this season with a total set of oddsmakers.
- The Giants have a 12-13-0 record against the spread this season.
Alex Cobb (Veteran Potential Starter)
- The Giants will send Cobb (1-1) to the mound for the fourth start of the season. He is 1-1 with 5.40 ERA and 14 strikes in 10 innings.
- His last out came on Sunday against the Washington Nationals, when Wright threw two-thirds of an innings, surrendering an earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 34-year-old has scored 5.40 ERAs and 12.6 strikeouts per nine innings in three matches this season, while giving a batting average of .311 to opposing batsmen.
- Cobb has had one start in the campaign where he has played five or more innings.
- He would match with a Cardinals offense that ranked 22nd in the league with 181 total hits (at a .229 batting average). The squad also surpassed the collective .354 (21st in the league) with a total of 20 home runs (21st in MLB play).
legendary batting stats
- The Giants average 1.0 home runs per game and are 12th in MLB play with a total of 25 home runs.
- So far this season, the Giants’ .367 slugging percentage ranks 18th in baseball.
- San Francisco’s .236 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The offense for the Giants is the number 11 offense in MLB action with 4.5 runs (112 total runs) per game.
- San Francisco ranks 15th in baseball with a .312 on-base percentage.
- The Giants’ 8.6 strikeouts per game are ranked 17th in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO & NJ at Tipico Sportsbook.
Cardinals vs Giants: Live streaming info and game times
- Game day: Friday, May 6, 2022
- time to play: 10:15 PM ET
- Stadium: oracle park
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Network
- live stream: fuboTV (watch for free)
Gannett can earn revenue from Tipico for referral of spectators to betting services. Tipico has no influence on or is dependent on or associated with any such revenue from newsrooms or news coverage. For Terms and Conditions visit Tipico.com. 21+ only. problem Yok? Call 1-800-GAMMER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).