If you applied for and won the DV-2024 Diversity Visa Program, better known as the visa draw, here we point out what you should do to get the long-awaited green card that will allow you to work. and allows for study. America,
On May 6, the results of the Life of Diversity 2024 process were announced, which benefits approximately 55,000 people from countries with low levels of immigration to the United States who have been granted permanent residency and In the future, will potentially allow to obtain US citizenship. ,
Requirements to qualify include having at least a high school education and work experience. The winners of DV-2024 were selected through a computerized random drawing.
How do I know if I am a winner in the 2024 Visa Lottery Draw?
Results are available from Saturday 6th May. To find out if you were pulled over, you need to follow these steps, according to the US government’s page:
- Visit the website dvprogram.state.gov/ESC
- Keep the confirmation data given at the time of registration.
- The results of the 2023 Visa Lottery can be viewed until September 30, 2023. DV-2023 participants must keep their Confirmation Number by that date.
- The results of the 2024 Visa Lottery can be viewed until September 30, 2024. DV-2024 participants must keep their confirmation number till that date.
What should I do if I win the US Visa Lottery?
If you were selected in the Diversity Visa Program lottery, you must meet the requirements, then you can apply for a Diversity Immigrant Visa. If your petition is approved, you will be able to travel to the United States, request a “green card,” and remain as a permanent resident.
- To apply for an immigrant visa, log in to the Diversity Visa Program website.
- Complete and submit online Form DS-260 to apply for an immigrant visa.
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email indicating the date, time and venue of your interview. You will need to confirm this on the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) website using your DV Entry Confirmation Number. Print the document.
- You must attend an interview with your spouse and children (as applicable) at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate who applied for the Diversity Immigrant Visa. They should prepare thoroughly and carefully for their interview. (Bring the documents, pay the fee, medical examination result, valid passport and two identical photographs).
- The person interviewing you will tell you whether your immigrant visa application has been approved.
For the second year in a row, Peru has been included among the eligible countries for the diversity or immigrant visa program carried out every year by the United States (Photo: Andina) At the embassy you have to give your documents and go through an interview Will be called (Photo: Andean)
What is the cost of obtaining Diversity Visa?
Although registration is free, prior to the interview, each applicant must pay a diversity visa fee. For DV-2024 applicants, the fee is US$330 per person. This fee is non-refundable, whether or not a visa is issued.
Does being drawn ensure that I have a green card?
Under US law, not everyone who applies for a visa will be eligible to reside in the United States. There are many possible reasons why a person may not qualify for a visa. The circumstances of each case differ. Normally approved visas are not available on the day of interview.
It is important that you do not make major life changes such as selling your home, car or property, quitting your job, or making non-refundable flight or other travel arrangements until you have received your immigrant visa .