It was an exciting and exciting night experienced in the Qudos Bank Arena from Sidney during the stellar battle between Israel Adesanya and his challenger Sean Strickland that was enforced until the judges decided that They unanimously gave the American the victory.
The tension before the fight it was cut into the air without even starting the fight between the two fighters, which they didn’t want to batting gloves after controversial statements between the two of them the evening before.
Home page “conservative”
Adesanya first tested his range with kicks and Strickland more cautious I was looking for a counterattack, but always moved forward, a mystery he maintained until the end of the fifth round. Almost at the end of the episode of the Americans He cornered the champion with a barrage of punches to the edge of the cage, which almost made him bite the dust.
Adesanya I continued calculating By the second throw, Strickland already seemed to be sticking to his game plan as he was the champion couldn’t take off although he managed to connect well the few strokes he measured. The public was becoming impatient.
Strickland began to take off
Things looked tighter between both opponents in the third round, but Adesanya still couldn’t find the rhythm Strickland has overcome almost a parity with great pressure, without even taking a step back without much stroke volume.
Strickland already with that Confidence to win the game He came out with a lot more in the fourth round determination and even with power strikes against an Adesanya who already had the feeling that the fight was over, as he still could not find a combination that would make his rival uncomfortable maintained the connection. The face of the champion he already looked swollen at the end of a quarter in which the American won again.
He Things looked up for the champion in the fifth episode what came out kill or die However, despite good exchanges, he failed to reverse the history that had already been written from the first to the fourth round.
Finally The decision was unanimous and the judges gave the American victory three cards from 49-46.
Complete UFC 293 Fight Card results
First preliminary rounds
- Kevin Jousset defeated Kiefer Crosbie by submission in the first round
- Gabriel Miranda defeated Shane Young by submission in the first round
- Charlie Radtke defeated Blood Diamond via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Nasrat Haqparast defeated Landon Quinones via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jamie Mullarkey defeated John Makdessi via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Chepe Mariscal defeated Jack Jenkins by verbal submission in the second round
- Carlos Ulberg defeated Da Woon Jung via submission in the third round
- Tyson Pedro defeated Anton Tutkalj by knockout in the first round
- Justin Tafa defeated Austin Lane by first-round TKO
- Manel Kape defeated Felipe Dos Santos via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Alexander Volkov defeated Tai Tuivasa by submission in the second round
- UFC Middleweight Championship: Sean Strickland defeated Israel Adesanya (c) by unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46) and is the new champion