Life of Alex Shorey an australian student 24 years that was in exchange taiwan, That changed radically after he ended up in an intensive care unit for eating street food. The food was believed to have been contaminated with rat poison.,
According to Daily Mail, The youth was admitted to Taipei Medical University Hospital on April 18, The medical report determined that the Australian, who was studying an exchange program at Tamkang University, poisoned himself with superwarfarin,
Medical experts tell that superwarfarinas were developed in the 1970s as a strategy fight rodents who by that time had already developed resistance to the active ingredients present in the rodenticides of that time.
toxicologists say These types of anticoagulants are extremely potent and can cause long-lasting effects in the body.,
when did medical travel start Alex woke up one morning covered in blood.,
The young man’s aunt, Elizabeth Shorey-Kitson, said the symptoms continued for several days, until the doctors had to admit him to the intensive care unit,
Superwarfarins are usually absorbed orally, although they can also be absorbed through the skin and by inhalation. Poisoning may present one to three days later. Hidden risk of nosebleeds and bleeding gums, bruising, hematuria, and intracranial or peritoneal bleeding,
Student has extensive organ damage due to language barrier and lack of effective treatment And his body’s dysfunction is shown by shortness of breath, difficulty staying conscious, and anemia.
“To date the hospital has provided 24-hour critical care for Alex and saved his life. As Alex’s condition will now require long-term rehabilitation, he needs to return to Australia to be close to his family. Shore-Kitson explained.
To do this, his family raised funds to be able to move Alex, who had only a few weeks left in the country before the accident. The story inspired thousands, who in less than a week managed to raise over $200,000 to help organize the family’s student.,
Although they tried to take the young man on three flights in recent weeks, these had to be canceled because his critical condition worsened before departure, so the safest option would be to transfer him to a medical aircraft.
Thankfully Alex is no longer in the ICU but is still critically ill and still requires oxygen and intravenous medication. You will fly back to Australia on a specialist medical charter with the support of a team of medical professionals.”Gratitude was expressed by the family, who assured that the donation helps to be able to get the service the young man needs.