White appliances were and will continue to be the height of style in decor in terms of kitchens, and why not? The ancient, classic and timeless nature of this color adds to the uniqueness of this very important room in the house, especially when it comes to the refrigerator. But, -because yes, there is always a but-, although it is very beautiful and elegant, the dirt tends to wear out quickly and is noticeable by the league, so its periodic cleaning, more than a routine household chore, almost daily is a liability.
Now, if you have a white refrigerator, you already know that white plastic turns yellow over time, right? Don’t worry, it’s happened to everyone and so you shouldn’t run to Amazon to buy a new one. In this article, we will show you how to clean and whiten yellowed plastic in the refrigerator with an effective homemade trick without having to spend on expensive products full of harmful chemicals.
How to remove yellowness from the white plastic of the refrigerator?
White refrigerator or freezer plastic turns yellow over time due to a number of factors, including aging, exposure to the sun, extreme heat or certain corrosive chemicals. However, although they are quite unsightly stains and difficult to remove, it is not a mission impossible. You need a powerful cleanser capable of banishing this uncomfortable acquired tone. Take note of the following and learn how to remove yellow paint from electrical appliances without hassle in the process:
Remove yellow stains by cleaning the fridge
- Clean the surface with warm soapy water to remove dirt and grease.
- Once this is done, wear gloves so as not to spoil your hands and put on a mask to protect your mucous membranes from the smell of this household solution that you will prepare.
- Once preserved, mix 2 glasses of warm water, 1 cup of chlorine or bleach, 1/2 cup of baking soda, and finally ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide in a plastic container.
Mix these three ingredients thoroughly with a large spoon until the bicarbonate is completely diluted.
- Dip a sponge or brush (avoid metal scourers) into this mixture and pass it through the yellowed plastic in a circular motion.
- Once this is done, let it work for 25 minutes.
- After this time, damp a microfiber cloth and wipe it to remove residue and dirt.
- Finally, dry with another clean cloth and repeat this process every two months as maintenance to prevent yellowing.
and ready! With this combination of potential bleaching ingredients, you can combat the slight yellowing of plastic inside and out of your fridge and keep it looking like new. Best of all, you can do it right from home, easy and fast with affordable products.